Nashik is a beautiful holy city in the Western part of Maharashtra. Because of its favorable geographical position, there are many popular hill stations near Nashik, like Lonavla, Khandala, Panchgani, and Mahabaleshwar. These places attract thousands of tourists and travelers every day.
Here is a list of 9 gorgeous hill stations near Nashik
Hill stations near Nashik
One of the Hill stations near Nashik, Igatpuri is located in the Western Ghats. It is very popular for its surrounding scenery, cool environment, and famous Wada pao. There are several forts build around this spot and this makes it a heaven for trekkers and hikers. It is surrounded by Sahyadri mountain ranges and is an amazing spot for sightseeing.
- How to reach Igatpuri?: It is about 45km from Nashik and halfway you can travel by train and then you have to travel via bus.
- What is Igatpuri famous for?: It is very famous for Vipassana International Academy which is known for its ancient meditation techniques. There are several valleys and adventure activities that make it popular.
- Places nearby Igatpuri to visit: Tringalwadi Fort, Vaitarna Dam, Vihigaon Waterfall, Kalsubai Peak, and Ghatandevi Mandir.
- Best time to visit Igatpuri: December, January, and February are considered as best times to visit this place because of the cool weather but the crowd is high at this time.
Suggested reads: Places to Visit Near Nagpur within 200 km
Lonavala is an extremely popular hill station that is surrounded by beautiful green valleys near Pune and Mumbai. It is also known as “Jewel of Sahyadri” and “City of Caves”.There are many old caves carved out of rocks and pillars which are popular for their historical significance. During the monsoon season, it gets covered with green lush vegetation, and combined with sightseeing, it is the best experience you can have.
- How to reach Lonavala?: It is about 64 km from Pune and 94km from Mumbai. Train and bus are the best way to get there and it is also very well connected to National Highways.
- What is famous Lonavala for?: It is extremely popular for its lush green valleys and environment, beautiful waterfalls, and beautiful caves.
- Places to visit nearby Lonavala: Della Adventure Park, Tigers leap, Rajmachi Fort, Pawna Lake, and Aamby Valley.
- Best time to visit Lonavala: June to September is considered as the best time to Lonavla because of the monsoon which makes the surrounding full of greenery.
Khandala is a popular hill station in the Western Ghats. It is located at the very top of Bhor Ghat. It’s known for its green lush surroundings, clean air, and cool and pleasant nights. Its exquisite rock formations are also very famous and travelers from all over the world come here to show off their rock climbing skills.
- How to reach Khandala?: It is near Lonavla and Pune and therefore it is very easy to reach there via a bus or a cab. It is about 72 km from Pune and it takes about only 1hr 22 min to get there from Pune.
- What is Khandala famous for?: It is very famous for its rock formations for rock climbing and its natural beauty.
- Places nearby Khandala to visit: Rajmachi Fort, Visapur Fort, Bedsa Caves, Lohagad Fort, and Tigers Leap.
- Best time to visit Khandala: Monsoon season from July to September and it enhances its mesmerizing beauty.
Suggested reads: Top Trekking Places in Tamil Nadu
Bhandardara is a very popular and beautiful hill station which is situated in the Sahyadri ranges. It is very famous for its green lush beauty and mesmerizing waterfalls and high mountains which makes it one of the most attractive places for tourists and family groups looking for pure natural beauty and a peaceful environment. And if you’re looking to go there then make sure you check our packages.
- How to reach Bhandardara?: It is 73km from the main city and can also be visited from Ahmednagar. It is well connected via National Highways so reaching there via bus or cab is quite easy.
- What is Bhandardara famous for?: Famous for its beautiful waterfall, lake, and green lush environment.
- Places nearby Bhandardara to visit: Umbrella falls, Wilson Dam, Kalsubai Peak, Randha falls, Ratanwadi Village, and Arthur Lake.
- Best time to visit Bhandardara: Monsoon and winter season is the best time to visit this place. March to June months are good if you want to see nature’s beauty.
Saputara is another popular hill station near Nashik, on the Maharashtra Gujarat border. It is blessed with beautiful waterfalls, a very cool and pleasant climate, and beautiful mountains. It is also a very important place according to Hindu Mythology because Lord Rama stayed for 11 years in the dense forests of Saputara.
- How to reach Saputara?: It is about 90km from Nashik so it can be easily visited via train. Then traveling via bus for the rest of the journey is the best option.
- What is Saputara famous for?: It is very popular for its Mythological significance, beautiful waterfalls, and cool and pleasant climate.
- Places nearby Saputara to visit: Gira Waterfalls, Sunset Point, Saputara Tribal Museum, Echo Point, and Lake Garden.
- Best time to visit Saputara: Winter is the best time to visit this place. October to February is very suitable because of the cool climate.
Known for its huge volcanic plateau, Panchgani is a very popular hill station near Nashik and Mumbai. It is at the altitude of 4242 ft and is extremely popular for its natural beauty, attracting thousands of travelers every day. There are hundreds of different flower species in the area that enhance the beauty of this place and offer fresh cool air& beautiful view.
- How to reach Panchgani?: The best way to reach Panchgani is to first visit a major nearby city like Pune and then travel via bus. It is 100km from Pune and the journey only takes 2 hours.
- What is Panchgani famous for?: Panchgani is very popular for its natural beauty and cool weather. It is also famous for its educational institutes.
- Places to visit nearby Panchgani: Tableland, Kate’s Point, Mapro Garden, Sydney Point, and Parsi Point.
- Best time to visit Panchgani: September to February is considered as the best time to visit this place because of cool weather and better sightseeing.
Mahabaleshwar is a small town which is located on the Sahyadri Ranges in the Western Ghats. It is a very large plateau that is surrounded by valleys from all sides. Its maximum height is about 1439m which makes it perfect for sightseeing and enjoying the beauty of nature. There are many beautiful tourist spots, sparkling waterfalls, and lakes which are a pleasure to see and enjoy.
- How to reach Mahabaleshwar?: It is about 120km from Pune and 285km from Mumbai so the best way to travel there is via train first to Sitara and then via bus or you can directly travel via bus but it will take more time.
- What is Mahabaleshwar famous for?: It is extremely popular for its mesmerizing beauty and sightseeing sling with its lush green valleys and sparkling rivers.
- Places nearby Mahabaleshwar to visit: Elephant’s Head Point, Chinaman’s Falls, Dhobi Waterfall, Arthur’s Seat, and Venna Lake.
- Best time to visit Mahabaleshwar: March to June and December to February are considered as the best times to visit Mahabaleshwar because of the comfortable climatic conditions. Traveling there in Monsoon is not advised.
You may also like to read about 10 places to visit at Mahabaleshwar.
Matheran is a very popular hill station in Karjat and is locates in the Western Ghats range at an altitude of about 800m. It is one of the smallest hill stations in India but also one of the most enjoyable ones because it is easy to explore. It is an eco-sensitive region which means that there are no automobiles in that hill station region so the air quality is very good and then is no noise from engines making it a perfect place to spend time with your family and loved ones. There are many view spots, trekking spots, and hotels to make your stay perfect there.
- How to reach Matheran?: It is about 120km from Pune and 90km from Mumbai. Buses are available but there are not allowed beyond Aman Lodge ( exception Ambulance), so after that, you can rent a horse or walk on your own.
- What is Matheran famous for?: It is very popular for its rock climbing, hiking, rappelling, and its beautiful natural surroundings.
- Places nearby Matheran to visit: Louisa Point, Charlotte Lake, Monkey Point Matheran, Shivaji’s Ladder, and Panorama Point.
- Best time to visit Matheran: October to November is the best time to visit this place because of the intense monsoon which makes its natural beauty more appealing.
Malshej Ghat is a very popular place known for its green lush environment, beautiful Malshej Waterfall, and pollution-free fresh air. It is located in the Western Ghats of Maharashtra and hosts many beautiful places for hiking, trekking, and sightseeing. Among locals, it is very known for its Pink Flamingoes which migrate there during July and September and enhance the beauty of the region. There is a beautiful dam and a hillfort too. So if you’re a hiker or loves trekking then make sure you check our packages to Malshej Ghat.
- How to reach Malshej Ghat?: It is about 130km from main Nashik City and it can be also visited from Mumbai and Ahmednagar via bus because it is well connected to National Highways.
- What is Malshej Ghat famous for?: It is very popular for its green lush environment, pollution-free air and extremely beautiful sightseeing.
- Places nearby Malshej Ghat to visit: Malshej falls, Pimpalgaon Joga Dam, Harishchandragad Fort, Ajoba Hill Fort, and Konkan Kada.
- Best time to visit Malshej Ghat: October to March is the best time if you want to enjoy the view of the dam, forts and beautiful sightseeing whereas monsoons will be better for those who want to enjoy the waterfall and fully filled overflowing dam.
Suggested reads: Best Adventure Activities in Igatpuri
What can be more beautiful than a waterfall? One of the most beautiful and pleasing sites nature has to offer us. Waterfalls near Nashik are considered to have spiritual cleansing powers and are sacred. The waterfall is a symbol of beauty and peace. Nashik hosts many beautiful waterfalls like Someshwar Waterfall, Umbrella Waterfalls, Dugarwadi Waterfall, and many more.
Waterfalls near Nashik
- Dugarwadi Waterfall
- Umbrella Waterfalls
- Vihigaon Waterfall
- Someshwar Waterfall
- Randha Waterfall
Someshwar waterfall is one of the most famous tourist places in Nashik. It is also popularly known as Dudhsagar falls because of its milky appearance making it very pleasing to watch. It is an excellent spot for nature lovers and a must-visit for those who visit the Someshwar temple. It is 10 meters high and tourists are only allowed to take a dip from October to January when the risk is low. It is daily visited by hundreds of tourists and family groups to spend a relaxed evening.
- How to reach Someshwar Waterfall ?: It is 9km from the Central Bus Stand and only 2 km from Someshwar Temple and tourists can easily get here via bus and cabs.
- What is Someshwar Waterfall famous for?: Famous for its powerful water, milky appearance, and green lush beauty.
- Places nearby Someshwar Waterfall to visit: Someshwar Temple, Saptashrungi, Soma Vine Village, Sula Vineyards, and Kalaram temple.
- Best time to visit Someshwar Waterfall: Monsoon season is the best time to visit this site as water levels are high at this time which enhances the beauty of the waterfall.
Suggested Reads: Top 7 Soothing Waterfalls Near Nagpur
Randha Falls is a jaw-dropping 170 feet tall beautiful waterfall that is formed over the Pravara River. It is considered one of the most prominent waterfalls in India and is a must-visit place for tourists and travelers during the monsoon. Also, its powerful waters are the source of electricity in the Bhandarara region. It is an excellent spot for sightseeing.
- How to reach Randha Waterfalls?: It is at a distance of 10km from Bhandardara, about 156 km from Pune, and 177km from Mumbai. A train to a nearby station and then traveling via a bus or a cab is the best to reach this place.
- What is Randha Waterfalls famous for?: It is very popular for its size. It is the third-largest waterfall in Maharashtra and is a significant source of Hydro Power.
- Places nearby Randha Waterfalls to visit: Umbrella Falls, Wilson Dam, Arthur Lake, Ratanwadi Village, Kalsubai Peak, and Agatsya Rishi Ashram.
- Best time to visit: Its beauty is at its best during the monsoon season around the end of August and in September.
Dugerwadi Waterfalls is very popular for its sparkling milky white water which gushes down the hill and its incredible green lush surroundings which makes it one of the most popular tourist attractions for nature lovers and an amazing spot for hiking and tread. This spot is also quite dangerous than others on this list because of its powerful waterfall and landslides that might occur so tourists have to be careful every time here.
- How to reach Dugerwadi Waterfall?: It is 30km away from Nashik and the best way to visit this spot is via bus.
- What is Dugerwadi Waterfall famous for?: It is famous for its milky white water which looks very beautiful and for Its trekking and hiking.
- Places nearby Dugerwadi Waterfall to visit: Trimbakeshwar Shiva Temple Jyotirling, Harihar Fort, and the Anjaneri hilltop.
- Best time to visit Dugerwadi Waterfall: It is best to visit this place during the monsoon to get most of it.
Vihigaon Waterfall is a beautiful seasonal waterfall which is located at the Vihigaon village near Thane. It is one of the most mesmerizing and enjoyable waterfalls in Maharashtra. There are many hiking and trekking spots throughout the hilly forest region which makes it and an excellent spot for rappelling. During the monsoon season, it gives the adventure lovers an amazing opportunity to rappel and enjoy in the mid of the thick forest.
- How to reach Vihigaon Waterfall? : It is at a distance of 1.5km from Igatpuri and about 59km from Nashik. So the best way to reach there is via bus.
- What is Vihigaon Waterfall famous for?: It is known for its natural vista and green lush forest surrounding.
- Places nearby Vihigaon Waterfall to visit: Kamshet, Kalsubai, Vipassana International Academy, and Zonkers Adventure Park.
- Best time to visit Vihigaon Waterfall: The best time to visit this place is January, February, March, October, November, and December because its favorable climatic condition and cool environment.
Umbrella waterfall is very famous for its unique shape and is best to visit during the monsoon. This is also a very popular picnic spot for groups and families because of the pleasant climate and green lush view. It is called the Umbrella waterfall because of its beautiful unique umbrella shape. There are thousands of old trees which are several centuries old which is a marvel in itself.
- How to reach Umbrella Waterfall?: It is about 68km from Nashik and the best way to visit there is via a cab or a bus.
- What is Umbrella Waterfall famous for?: It is very popular for its unique Umbrella shape and its vicinity to Wilson Dam.
- Places nearby Umbrella Waterfall to visit: Randha Falls, Amruteshwar Temple, and Mt Kalsubai. Mountain.
- Best time to visit Umbrella Waterfall: Between July to October, this waterfall and its nearby surrounding are at their peak beauty because of the monsoon.
If you liked our article then please like and share and comment down if you want to share your experience in Nashik.
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
Nashik is definitely worth a visit because of its cool and pleasant environment, beautiful hill stations, and waterfalls. It has tens of beautiful hill stations and waterfalls which are very popular for its green lush environment and pleasant atmosphere.
Nashik can be visited easily via a train or a bus. Then to reach its hill stations and waterfalls, it’s best to travel via a bus or a cab.
Winter and monsoon season is the best time to visit Nashik because of the comfortable temperature and excellent sightseeing. Rainfall from June to September enhances the beauty of its hill stations and waterfalls.
Nashik is most famous for its Misal Pav which is a spicy chickpea-made curry that is served with a soft bread bun called pav.
Nashik is famous for its Hindu Pilgrimage sites of Kumbh Mela which is held after every 12 years. It is also called the “Wine Capital Of India” because of having half of India’s famous vineyards and wineries in the city. It is also very popular for its beautiful hill stations and waterfalls which attract thousands of tourists and travelers every day.
8 thoughts on “Top 9 Hill Stations and Waterfalls near Nashik (Must Visit in 2023)”
Thank You Soo Much.😊