Nashik is the largest city in northern Maharashtra and is situated on the banks of the river Godavari. Because of its favorable geographical location, there are hundreds of beautiful places to visit throughout the city.
This attracts thousands of travelers and tourists every day and is considered one of the best places to visit near Nashik and even in the whole of Maharashtra.
Stay Updated! Join Now
Here are 15 best places to visit near Nashik
Gangapur Dam, Shirdi, and Kalsubai are just a few names in hundreds of other popular tourist attractions. Nashik is home to several beautiful hill stations which are considered as some of the best places to visit in Nashik.
Best Places To Visit Near Nashik within 50 km
Sita Gufa is for explorers who love Indian ancient legends. It is believed that this is the place where Sita expressed her faith and devotion to Lord Shiva and this place also played a significant role in the Indian epic Ramayan.
- How to reach Sita Gufa? It is only 3km away from the main city so reaching it is quite easy via cab or even walking.
- What is Sita Gufa famous for? It is extremely popular for its reference in the Hindu Epic Ramayan. According to this, Sita expressed her faith and devotion to Lord Shiva.
- Places nearby Sita Gumfa to visit: Laxman Rekha, Shivalinga, Chandramuleshwar temple, and Kala Ram Mandir.
- Best time to visit Sita Gufa: The first three months are considered best to visit this place because of the cool and comfortable climate.
Dudhsagar Falls/Someshwar Falls
Waterfalls are one of the most beautiful and pleasing sites nature has to offer us. Someshwar waterfall is one of the most popular tourist places in Nashik. It is also known as Dudhsagar Falls because of its milky appearance.
It is a must-visit for nature lovers and for those who visit the Someshwar temple. It is 10 meters high and tourists are only allowed to take a dip from October to January when the risk is low. It is daily visited by hundreds of families and youngsters to spend a relaxed evening. It is one of the best places near Nashik for weekends.
- How to reach Dudhsagar or Someshwar Falls? It is 9km from the Central Bus Stand and only 2 km from Someshwar Temple and tourists can easily get here via bus and cabs.
- What is Dudhsagar or Someshwar Falls famous for? It is Famous for its powerful water, milky appearance, and green lush beauty.
- Places nearby Dudhsagar Falls/Someshwar Falls to visit: Someshwar Temple, Saptashrungi, Soma Vine Village, Sula Vineyards, and Kalaram Temple.
- Best time to visit Dudhsagar or Someshwar Falls: Monsoon season is the best time to visit this site as water levels are high at this time which enhances the beauty of the waterfall.
Suggested Reads: 9 Hill Stations Near Nashik (Must Visit in 2023)
Gangapur Dam holds a very special place in the hearts of tourists. It has a beautiful river scene, migratory birds, and boating activity and this makes it a heaven for tourists looking for picnic spots. It is a very huge dam and the sunset is very nice here visible coloring over the lake. This place is good photography shoots and a good picnic spot with family.
- How to reach Gangapur Dam? It is approximately only 10km away from the main city and tourists can visit there any time of the day.
- What is Gangapur Dam famous for? It is famous for its beautiful sunset view and for its picnic spots.
- Places nearby Gangapur Dam to visit: Soma Vine Village, York Winery, Sula Vineyards, Saptashrumgi, and Kalaram Temple.
- Best time to visit Gangapur Dam: It is preferred to visit this place between October to March because of the good water level. During summer, most of it is dry and hence it is not recommended to visit this place in summer.
Ramkund is a sacred bathing ghat situated on the Godavari river bank. It is 2.2 km from the spot so it is considered the holiest spot in Nashik. Ramkund is a very popular destination for religious people and tourists.
- How to reach Ramkund? It is very easy to visit as it is just 10 km away from the Nashik Railway Station and 2 km away from the Central Bus Stand.
- What is Ramkund famous for? Ramkund is extremely popular for its temples and for its historical significance in Hindu mythology.
- Places nearby Ramkund to visit: Prachin Ganga Godavari Mandir, Gnadhijyot, Kapileshwara Temple, Varad Vinayak Mandir, and Gandhi Lake.
- Best time to visit Ramkund: It is recommended to visit Ramkund during the evening and in the month between October to March for the best experience.
Pandaleni caves are another best spot for people seeking thrill and adventure because they also hosts great sites for hiking and trekking. It is located on hills in the out region of Nashik City near Nashik Mumbai Highway. These caves are also surrounded by green lush forests making them a good spot for nature lovers and peace seekers.
- How to reach Pandaleni caves? It is only 10 km from the main city and this area is well connected to highways like Mumbai Agra National Highway so it can be easily visited via a bus or cab.
- What is Pandaleni caves famous for? It is most famous for its adventurous hiking and thrilling activities and for its beautiful green lush scenery.
- Places nearby Pandavleni Caves to visit: Dadasaheb Phalke Memorial, Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru Botanical Garden, Saptashrungi, Kalaram Temple, and Soma Vine Village.
- Best time to visit Pandaleni caves: Pandavleni Caves are good to visit year-round. But July to February is considered the best time to visit this place.
People Also Read: Discover 10 Best Beaches Near Nashik For a Perfect Getaway
Sula Vineyard was established in 1999 by Rajeev Samant and it was Nashik’s first winery. It is located on the rolling hills of Nashik near another popular destination site called Gangapur Dam.
It is an extremely popular destination site for wine lovers and also for those who like the view of big green farms. There are two luxury properties called ‘The Source at Sula’ and ‘Beyond by Sula’ which can be reserved for tourists to stay. Sula Vineyard is a perfect place for a weekend near Nashik.
- How to reach Sula Vineyard? It is just 14 km away from the Nashik Railway Station and it can be visited very easily by bus and cabs.
- What is Sula Vineyard famous for? It is nationwide popular for its wine and grape varieties.
- Places nearby Sula Vineyard to visit: Dant temple, Lord Haanuma Temple, Lord Krishna Mandir, Dadasaheb Phalke Smarak, and Ram Mandir.
- Best time to visit Sula Vineyard: The first three months of the year and November, and December are considered the best time to visit this place.
Ozar is one of the most attractive offbeat destinations in Mumbai because of its magnificent view of vineyard scapes and forest-covered hills. It is well-known for its massive grape, onion, and corn production, as well as the Vigneshwara Temple.
The location is a haven for numerous indigenous tribes who live a secluded existence and frequently present a diverse cultural exhibition in food and rituals. It is three hours distant from bustling Nashik and is ideal for weekend vacations with friends and family.
Another important religious institution in town is the Swami Bhramanand Temple. Aside from them, the Hal Museum and Pragati Aerospace Museum are also visited by tourists.
- How to reach Ozar? It is just 20 km away from the Nashik Railway Station and it can be visited very easily by bus and cabs.
- What is Ozar famous for? This town is famous for its Vineyards, Grapes, and Onions.
- Places nearby Ozar to visit: Sula Vineyards, Dudhsagar Falls, Saptashrungi, Trimbakeshwar Temple, Pandavleni Caves, Sita Gumpha, Anjaneri Hills, Gangapur Dam, Dugarwadi Waterfall, Kalaram Temple, Vallonne Vineyards, Harihar Fort, Coin Museum, Muktidham, Vihigaon Waterfall, Tringalwadi Fort.
- Best time to visit Ozar: Monsoon and winter from August to February are considered the best times to visit to avoid an excessively hot climate.
Dugerwadi Waterfall is famous for its milky white water which gushes down the hill and its incredible green surroundings which makes it one the best tourist attractions for nature lovers and an excellent spot for hiking and tread.
This spot is also a little bit more dangerous than others because of its powerful waterfall and landslides that might occur so tourists have to be careful every time here.
- How to reach Dugerwadi Waterfall? It is 30 km away from Nashik and the best way to visit this spot is via bus.
- What is Dugerwadi Waterfall famous for? It is famous for its milky white water which looks very beautiful and for Its trekking and hiking.
- Places nearby Dugarwadi Waterfall to visit: Trimbakeshwar Shiva Temple Jyotirling, Harihar Fort, and the Anjaneri hilltop.
- Best time to visit Dugerwadi Waterfall: It is best to visit this place during the monsoon to get the most of it.
Trimbakeshwar Temple is also one of the most popular places of worship and is visited by religious people and devotees from all over the country to show and express their faith and devotion.
This temple is situated on the base of the Bramhagiri ranges and is one of the twelve Jyotirlingas of Lord Shiva. It is very popular for its religious significance and therefore it is a must-visit site.
- How to reach Trimbakeshwar Temple? It is around 30 km away from Nashik and can visit via bus within 2 hours.
- What is Trimbakeshwar Temple famous for? It is very popular for its religious significance and it is one of the most sacred towns of India.
- Places nearby Trimbakeshwar Temple to visit:: Vallonne Vineyards, Soma Vine Village, Lake Vaitarna Waterfalls, Anjaneri Forts, and Harihar Fort.
- Best time to visit Trimbakeshwar Temple: October to March is the most suitable time to visit this place to avoid any extreme climate and to enjoy the tour.
Anjaneri hills derived its name from the Goddess Anjana. Goddess Anjaana was the mother of Lord Hanuman in the cave atop the hill and because of this, it is one of the holiest places in Nashik to visit. It is a good spot for hikers to reach the top, as hiking is the only way.
This site also serves as the best picnic spot near Nashik.
- How to reach Anjaneri Hills? It is about 30 km from the main city and the best way to get there is by bus. But the journey will still not be over as it would take another 10km of hiking to reach the main spot.
- What is Anjaneri Hills famous for? Very popular for its significance in Hindu Mythology. It is also very popular for hiking and trekking.
- Places nearby Anjaneri Hills to visit: Trimbakeshwar, Coin Museum, Dugarwadi Waterfalls, Sula Vineyard, and Gangapur Dam.
- Best time to visit Anjaneri hills: This place is full of crowds year-round because of its popularity and the climate is always calm and suitable for most of us so it can be visited anytime.
Igatpuri is a hill station and city in Maharashtra’s Nashik district, located in the Western Ghats. Igatpuri is best known as the home of the Vipassana International Academy, the world’s largest Vipassana meditation institute. It teaches the severe type of meditation that Gautam Buddha initially taught in the sixth century BC.
Igatpuri, a favorite weekend retreat between Mumbai and Pune, is one of the best spots to visit in Maharashtra during the monsoon season. It is also an important railway station in Maharashtra, linking key cities in the region.
Aside from old forts, gorgeous waterfalls, and steep mountains, Igatpuri is an excellent location for rock climbing and trekking. Igatpuri’s Bhatsa River Valley, Camel Valley, Konkankada Valley, and the Randha Falls is ideal for photographers and environment enthusiasts.
Trngalwadi Fort, located at an elevation of 3000ft, is a popular trekking destination in Igatpuri. From the fort, you may enjoy a breathtaking panorama.
- How to reach Igatpuri? It is about 45 km from the main city and the best way to get there is by bus.
- What is Igatpuri famous for? Igatpuri is known for Vipassana International Academy, where an ancient technique of meditation is taught called Vipassana. It is also very popular for hiking and trekking.
- Places nearby Igatpuri to visit: Tringalwadi Fort, Vaitarna Dam, Vihigaon Waterfall, Kalsubai Peak, Ghatandevi Mandir, Camel Valley, Bhatsa River Valley.
- Best time to visit Igatpuri: The best time to visit Igatpuri is during the monsoons June to March and winters November and December.
Best Places To Visit Near Nashik within 100 km
Kalsubai, also known as “Everest of Maharashtra” is located in the mountain ranges with lush greenery. It is one of the most visually attractive mountains in India. It is most popularly known for its adventurous trekking and hiking, especially for night trekking.
There are amazing waterfalls, forests, grasslands, and many historic forts in that region.
- How to reach Kalsubai? It is 60 km from Nashik and is also close to Pune and Mumbai. It is well connected to main roads and the best way to visit there is via bus.
- What is Kalsubai famous for? It is most famous for its mountains and beautiful view of nature which hosts many waterfalls and beautiful historic forts.
- Places nearby Igatpuri to visit: Bhandardara Lake, Sandhan Valley, Amruteshwar Temple, Randha Falls, and Umbrella Falls.
- Best time to visit Kalsubai: June to August is best for the Monsoon Trek whereas September to October is for the flowers trek. For its most popular night trek, November to May is recommended.
Saptashrungi is a Hindu pilgrimage site which is located in the small village of Nanduri near Nashik. Saptashrungi Devi Mandir is situated at a height of 1230m and is the main tourist attraction of this place. It is one of the best places for a day trip near Nashik.
Saptashrungi is dedicated to the Goddess Saptashrungi and it is known as one of the ‘three and a half Shakti Peethas’ of Maharashtra. Saptashrungi is a famous spot for footwalking and climbing as it has 470 steps and it usually takes an hour to reach the top.
- How to reach Saptashrungi? Saptashrungi is at a distance of 60km from Nashik which means you can only get there via a bus or a cab available for long distances.
- What is Saptashrungi famous for? It is very popular for its religious significance and its footwalking path.
- Places nearby Saptashrungi to visit: Saptashrungi Temple, Kala Ram Temple, Veer Savarkar Smarak, Coin Museum, and Mahonidri Mountain.
- Best time to visit Saptashrungi: October to February is the best time to visit Sptashrugi because of the cool climate which is comfortable for footwalking.
Umbrella waterfall is best to visit during the monsoon. This is also a famous picnic spot for people because of the pleasant climate and green lush view. It is called the Umbrella waterfall because of its unique waterfall shape.
There are several old trees that are several centuries old which is a marvel in itself. It is the best waterfall near Nashik to visit.
- How to reach Anjaneri Hills? It is about 68km from Nashik and the best way to visit there is via cab or bus.
- What are the Anjaneri hills famous for? It is very popular for its unique Umbrella shape and its vicinity to Wilson Dam.
- Places nearby Umbrella Waterfall to visit: Randha Falls, Amruteshwar Temple, and Mt Kalsubai. Mountain.
- Best time to visit Anjaneri Hills: Between July to October, this waterfall and its nearby surroundings are at their peak beauty because of the monsoon.
Bhandardara is a very beautiful hill station situated in the Sahyadri ranges. It is extremely popular for its green lush beautify and beautiful waterfalls and high mountains which makes it one of the most attractive places for tourists and travelers looking for pure natural beauty and peace.
- How to reach Bhandardara? It is 73 km from the main city and can also be visited from Ahmednagar. It is well connected via National Highways so reaching there via bus or cab is quite easy.
- What is Bhandardara famous for? It is famous for its beautiful waterfall, lake, and green lush environment.
- Places nearby Igatpuri to visit: Umbrella Falls, Wilson Dam, Kalsubai Peak, Randha Falls, Ratanwadi Village, and Arthur Lake.
- Best time to visit Bhandardara: Monsoon and winter season is the best time to visit this place. March to June months are good if you want to see nature’s beauty.
People Also Read: 7 Resorts Near Nashik For One Day Picnic
Jawhar, a small hill station in Maharashtra’s Thane District, is a site of immense natural beauty and some man-made marvels. This hill town is full of tourist attractions and the unusual beauty of flora and dense forest cover, preserving countless gorgeous views.
The backdrop of a rocky mountain with rushing waterfalls and rich green forests is incredibly appealing. Apart from being blessed by Mother Nature, Jawhar also displays the fascinating culture of tribes and gleams with a glorious past.
The man-made grandeurs of Jai Vilas Palace and Shirpamal reflect outstanding craftsmanship while displaying architectural remnants. Despite a significant expansion in recent years, the town has managed to keep its ethnicity and rustic appeal.
This village with its picturesque natural surroundings is ideal for romantic couples and vacationers, and it will entice you to return again and again.
- How to reach Jawhar? It is about 78 km from Nashik’s main city and 134.5 km from Mumbai. A bus is the best way to get there and it would take only 2 hours.
- What is Jawhar famous for? Jawhar is known for its picturesque setting and vibrant cultural heritage.
- Places nearby Jawhar to visit: Dabdaba Falls, Jai Vilas Palace, Sunset Point, Shirpamal, Hanuman Point, Bhopatgad Fort, Khadkhad Dam, Domzira Waterfall, Kal Mandavi Waterfall, Jai Sagar Dam
- Best time to visit Jawhar: September to April are considered as best months to visit this place because of the calm and cool climate.
Ratanwadi is a small hamlet in Ahmednagar district, Maharashtra, India. A habitation of no more than 30-40 small dwellings scattered across the slopes. A creek flowing from the Ratangad hills runs through the settlement. A check dam on the river and the beautiful scenery of Kalsubai Peak make this spot appear like something out of a storybook.
The Kalsubai Peak in Maharashtra is home to the historical Ratangad Fort and the famous Amruteshwar Shiva shrine. Ratangad is a 2000-year-old fort that was captured by Chatrapati Shivaji Maharaj during his reign. It is situated in Ratanwadi, its native village, and faces the Bhandardara.
The lovely Amruteshwar stone temple is dedicated to Lord Shiva. It is one of the 12 Shiva temples built by King Jhang around 900 AD. It is also a popular trekking destination because it is far from the main settlement and has a lovely beauty to it.
If you’re looking for a retreat that will provide you with incredible tranquility and nourish your soul, Ratanwadi is the place to be.
Ratangad is best visited between October and December. The Valley of Sandhan lies 1.5 kilometers from Samrad village in Ahmednagar district, on the west side of the Bhandardara region. Except for four months during the wet season, there is always a crowd.
- How to reach Ratanwadi?: It is 87 km from Nashik so you can take a bus to Shendi Bus Stand (27.7 km) to visit this place.
- What is Ratanwadi famous for?: It houses the famous Ratangad fort and the popular Shiva temple called Amruteshwar.
- Places nearby Ratanwadi to visit: Ahmednagar Fort, Tomb of Salabat Khan II, Cavalry Tank Museum, Meherabad, Rehekuri Blackbuck Sanctuary, Pimpri Gawali, Farah Bagh, Siddheshwar Temple, Kapurbawdi Lake, Vishal Ganpati Temple, Bagh Rauza Fort, Randha Falls, Damdi Masjid, Bhishtbag Mahal, Avatar Meher Baba Samadhi Meherabad
- Best time to visit Ratanwadi: Ratangad is best visited between October and December. The Valley of Sandhan lies 1.5 kilometers from Samrad village in Ahmednagar district, on the west side of the Bhandardara region. Except for four months during the wet season, there is always a crowd.
Vaitarna Lake is also one of the most popular places in Nashik among tourists and travelers. Besides the beautiful lake, it also hosts a beautiful view of the Western Ghats and its green lush scenery. This lake plays a very significant role in the water supply in nearby cities.
There are many shops and corners for tourists to eat and clothing making it one of the best places near Nashik for the weekend. For relaxing, there are many resorts and modern hotels which can be reserved for tourists.
- How to reach Vaitarna Lake? It is about 90 km from Nashik main city and 91 km from Mumbai. A bus is the best way to get there and it would take only 2 hours.
- What is Vaitarna Lake famous for? It is very popular for its beautiful sightseeing and offering multiple ways to enjoy at the same time.
- Places nearby Vaitrana Lake to visit: Vaitarna Dam, Dhammagir, Ram Mandir, Vadivale Lake, and Bedsa Caves.
- Best time to visit Vaitarna Lake: December, January, and February are considered as best months to visit this place because of the calm and cool climate.
Saputara is a charming tiny hill station in Gujarat’s Dang district, nestled in the Sahyadris or the Western Ghats. It is one of the most popular hill stations near Nashik.
The town is a tourist favorite because of its lush green forests, undulating mountains, glittering waterfalls, beautiful meandering roads, vivid scenery, and plenty of delightful cubbyholes to spend time with your loved ones.
It is positioned 875 meters above sea level and is ideal for eco-tourists, animal aficionados, and those who enjoy adventure activities.
Saputara literally means “snake habitat,” and the tribals of this region worship snakes, especially around Holi. It is a beautiful highland location rich in flora that offers stunning panoramas, unique tribal culture, and excellent trekking chances.
- How to reach Saputara? It is about 91 km from Nashik’s main city and 256.1 km from Mumbai. A bus or train is the best way to get there and it would take only 2 hours.
- What is Saputara famous for? Saputara is very popular for picnic spots and its boating activities.
- Places nearby Saputara to visit: Hathgadh Fort, Vansda National Park, Sunrise Point, Sunset Point, Saputara Lake, Gira falls, Echo Point, Step Garden, Table Point, Saputara Tribal Museum, Lake Garden, Saptashringi Devi Mandir, Purna Sanctuary.
- Best time to visit Saputara: Saputara experiences calm weather throughout the year which means it can be visited any time of the year.
People Also Read: Saputara Hill Station And Places To Visit Nearby
Shirdi is a pilgrimage town in Maharashtra’s Ahmednagar district. This is a prominent pilgrimage site in Maharashtra and throughout India.
Shirdi is home to the Shirdi Sai Baba shrine, which is the main attraction for pilgrims on Shirdi trip packages. Sai Baba, who lived in the twentieth century, is regarded as one of India’s greatest saints.
Sai Baba came to Shirdi when he was 16 years old and stayed till his death in 1918. This little village was converted by Sai Baba into a holy pilgrimage place for his disciples. This is a must-see attraction in Maharashtra tour packages.
Shirdi, one of the top pilgrimage locations to visit near Pune, is related to many stories of the famed Shirdi Sai. His altruistic devotion and dedication to the underprivileged earned him recognition, and he is still venerated today. Shirdi is where he obtained his ‘Samadhi,’ or last residence.
The Shirdi temple complex is around 200 square meters in size. Gurusthan, Samadhi Mandir, Dwarkamai, Chavadi, and Lendi Baug are all part of it.
- How to reach Shirdi? It is about 94.6 km from Nashik’s main city. A bus or train is the best way to get there and it would take only 2 hours.
- What is Shirdi famous for? Shirdi is mostly known for the Sai Baba Temple throughout the country.
- Places nearby Shirdi to visit: Shirdi Sai Baba temple, Amruteshwar Temple, Lendi Baug, Water Park, etc.
- Best time to visit Shirdi: The best time to visit Shirdi is between June and February, i.e. during the monsoons from June to September and the winter season from October to February.
Best Places To Visit Near Nashik Under 200 Km
Malshej Ghat is most popular for its green lush environment, beautiful Malshej Waterfall, and pollution-free fresh air. It is a mountain pass in the Western Ghats of Maharashtra and hosts many places for hiking, trekking, and sightseeing. Malashej Ghat is one of the best hill stations near Nashik to visit and one of the places near Nashik for weekends.
Among locals, it is popularly known for its Pink Flamingoes which migrate there during July and September. Not only this, there is a beautiful dam and a hillfort too.
- How to reach Malshej Ghat? It is about 130 km from main Nashik City and it can be also visited from Mumbai and Ahmednagar via bus because it is well connected to National Highways.
- What is Malshej Ghat famous for? It is very popular for its green lush environment, pollution-free air, and extremely beautiful sightseeing.
- Places nearby Igatpuri to visit: Malshej Falls, Sindolagadh Fort, Pimpalgaon Joga Dam, Harishchandragad Fort, Ajoba Hill Fort, and Konkan Kada.
- Best time to visit Malshej Ghat: October to March is the best time if you want to enjoy the view of the dam, forts, and beautiful sightseeing whereas monsoons will be better for those who want to enjoy the waterfall and fully filled overflowing dam.
The Matheran hill station, also known as the “cutest little hill station in India,” is the best place to enjoy the sunset and sunrise views, as well as some mind-blowing scenery to keep you fresh and in the moment. This extraordinary hill station provides the best tourist attractions in Matheran that are untouched and unaffected by the rustling city life that surrounds the town.
The location is actually on the Western Ghats, which have an elevation of around 800 meters above sea level. The location always has pleasant weather to enjoy at any time of year, but its beauty is enhanced during the rain and thunderstorm season. All the fun activities make it one of the very desirable hill stations near Nashik.
Matheran is a treat not only for trekkers but also for photographers who want to explore and capture the best of the beauty of the beautiful hill station. It also has activities like camping, trekking, rappelling etc. Matheran, the beauty of the Western Ghats, is India’s smallest hill station.
Travelers and tourists who visit the area enjoy exploring the area on foot. As a result, getting lost in the scenic beauty of the town while trying to find your way becomes more exciting.
- How to reach Matheran?: It is 167 km from Nashik so you can take a bus to Dasturi Naka Bus Station (2 km) to visit this place.
- What is Matheran famous for?: It is famous for its toy train.
- Places nearby Matheran to visit: Matheran Toy Train, Louisa Point, Echo Point, Charlotte Lake, Irshalgad Fort, One Tree Hill, Porcupine Point, Prabal Fort, Panorama Point, Monkey Point, Matheran Market, Khandala Point, Rambagh Point, Honeymoon Hill, Madhav Ji Point, Chang Bhale Temple, King George Point
- Best time to visit Matheran: Despite Matheran having a pleasant environment all year, the ideal months to visit are October to May. Here’s a seasonal breakdown of the year to help you plan your trip. October to November: The monsoon has just passed, and the weather is cool and pleasant for sightseeing.
Best Places To Visit Near Nashik within 300 km
Durshet is a town located between Mumbai and Pune, nestled among the Sahyadri ranges. The property is surrounded by hillocks and plateaus, with rivers and waterfalls adorning it. This instills in the passengers a sense of renewal and wanderlust.
In Durshet, you can overcome the enormous slopes and catch a glimpse of nature’s ethereal splendor. The luxuriant vegetation and natural beauty all around, as well as the hillocks with waterfalls spanning them, have made it a well-known tourist destination.
Durshet is also a popular destination for hikers and mountaineers. The area surrounding River Amba is a rich natural reserve for unique species and flowers.
There are various old temple ruins and heritage sites in the vicinity, notably the Siddi Ashtavnayak Temples. These temples show off their splendor to followers and guests who come to seek the gods’ blessing. They provide a breathtaking perspective of the surrounding lakes, rivers, and waterfalls.
- How to reach Durshet?: It is 210 km from Nashik so you can take a bus to Durshet Bus Stop (3 km) to visit this place.
- What is Durshet famous for?: It is famous for the Sahyadri hills.
- Places nearby Durshet to visit: Varad Vinayak Temple, Pali Fort, Shri Ballaleshwar Ashtavinayak, Uddhar Hot Springs, Durshet Forest Lodge
- Best time to visit Durshet: September and February are the best months. The temperature is hovering between 13 and 30 degrees Celsius. As a result, the weather is pleasant and peaceful. Now is the finest time to visit Durshet and engage in outdoor activities such as rock climbing and sightseeing.
Its stunning natural scenery of lustrous valleys, magnificent waterfalls, verdant greenery, and picturesque ponds astounds visitors. This lovely hill station is located in Maharashtra’s western ghats at a height of 1,800 feet.
When it rains in Khandala, the charming exquisiteness blooms to its peak, revealing a delightful charisma. During the monsoon season, a large number of people flock to this location to enjoy the pleasant climate, spectacular views, and charming green surroundings.
The lovely place is geared up to fascinate tourists with its splendid allure, making it a destination that suits both budget and affluent travelers. With all of its appealing features, Khandala is unquestionably an idyllic setting for spending quality time with loved ones in a serene and tranquil setting.
It is one of the most popular hill stations near Nashik.
- How to reach Khandala: It is 213 km from Nashik so you can take a bus to Khandala Bus Stand (5 km) or Khandala Station to visit this place.
- What is Khandala famous for?: Khandala is well-known for its beautiful rock formations. Travelers frequently drive to Tiger’s Leap to demonstrate their rock climbing abilities and to see the Shiv Linga rock. Swayambhu is the most popular name for the Shiv Linga rock in the Sahyadri hills.
- Places nearby Khandala to visit: Tiger’s Leap, Duke Nose, Kune Waterfalls, Reversing station, Shooting Point, Lion’s Point, Shrivardhan Fort, Bushi Dam, Lonavala Lake, Celebrity Wax Museum, Shingroba Temple
- Best time to visit Khandala: October and May is the best time to visit Khandala. In the winter, the temperature in Khandala can drop below 15 degrees. During this time, the hill station is shrouded in mist and fog, creating a wonderful atmosphere.
Lonavala, a popular hill station at an elevation of 2,047 feet above sea level, is a romantic escape from the chaotic noise of city life. Its pleasant climate, magnificent splendor, historical forts, ancient caves, and beautiful lakes make it India’s most popular tourist destination. It is also the most famous and best hill station near Nashik.
The exquisiteness and charm of this location have always drawn the attention of tourists, honeymooners, young people, and celebrities. It is open all year and can be visited at any time. Monsoon season is ideal for viewing beautiful lakes, emerald splendor, and cascades.
- How to reach Lonavala?: It is 241 km from Nashik so you can take a bus to Lonavala Bus Stand (2 km) or Lonavala Station to visit this place.
- What is Lonavala famous for?: Lonavala is famous for it beautiful environment and Chikki.
- Places nearby Lonavala to visit: Tiger’s Leap, Bhushi Dam, Lonavala Lake, Imagica Adlabs, Celebrity Wax Museum, Rajmachi Fort, Aamby Valley, Amrutanjan Point, Karla Caves, Bhimashankar Trail, Bhaja Caves, Visapur Fort, Ryewood Park, Tikona Fort
- Best time to visit Lonavala: From October and March, Lonavala is lovely. During this period, adventure sports including as zip-lining, hiking, and trekking are popular in Lonavala’s different tourist destinations.
Lavasa is a privately planned hill city in Maharashtra, near Pune. This modern-day hill station is an enjoyable retreat for all of its visitors, and it has a lot to offer tourists, from picturesque scenery to an extremely well-developed infrastructure that includes hotels, resorts, educational institutes, malls, residential property, IT companies, and so on.
Lavasa is quickly becoming a popular hangout for those looking for a quick escape from the hustle and bustle of city life. It is unquestionably a leisure vacation destination set in the midst of lush green hills. It is one of the best places to visit near Nashik within 300 km.
- How to reach Lavasa?: It is 264 km from Nashik and you can take a bus to Town Hall Bus Stop (2 km) to visit this place.
- What is Lavasa famous for?: Lavasa is well-known for its fun and interesting water activities. Lakeshore Watersports is renowned due to its strategic location on the banks of Warasgaon Lake and the adrenaline-filled water sports it offers. This is one of Lavasa’s most popular activities.
- Places nearby Lavasa to visit: The Promenade, Temghar Dam, Panshet Dam, Varasgaon Dam, Ghangad Fort, Lakeshore Watersports, The Karvi Spa, Tikona Fort, Devkund Waterfall, Bamboosa, Tamhini Ghat, Torna Fort, Mulshi Dam, Bhira
- Best time to visit Lavasa: The ideal time to visit any location is when the weather conditions are pleasant. You can visit Lavasa during the peak season, which is October, November, December, January, February, and March, or during the moderate season, which is July, August, and September.
Best Places To Visit Near Nashik Under 400 km
Panchgani, a majestic hill station at an elevation of 4242 feet above sea level, is a popular tourist destination due to its natural beauty, which draws visitors from all over the world. It would be used as a summer vacation spot for British officials. It has beautiful colonial-period cottages, forests, a cool atmosphere, fresh air, wooded regions, and much more.
The destination is also well-known for providing international-quality education, with several schools offering swish facilities for children. It is home to several plant species, including silver oaks and poinsettias, which add to the beauty of the area.
Trekking through the lush green areas is also an option. Table Land, Tapola Water Sports Centre, Sydney Point, Rajapuri caves, Kamalgad Fort, and other attractions can be found in Panchgani. This quarter is also a popular destination for hikers, who can not only explore the green trails but also admire the diverse flora and fauna.
- How to reach Panchgani?: It is 320 km from Nashik and you can take a bus to Panchgani ST Bus Stand (2 km) to visit this place.
- What is Panchgani famous for?: Panchgani is a popular tourist destination due to its natural beauty, which draws visitors from all over the world. It would be a summer getaway for British officials.
- Places nearby Panchgani to visit: Tableland, Sydney Point, Parsi Point, Kate’s Point, Dhom Dam, Lingmala Falls, Pratapgad Fort, Kamalgad Fort, Rajpuri Caves
- Best time to visit Panchgani: Winter and the beginning of summer are the finest times to visit Panchgani. The climate remains pleasant and suitable for sightseeing. September, October, November, January, February, March, April, and May are the finest months to visit.
Mahabaleshwar is Maharashtra’s best hill station. It is located on the Sahyadri spurs, approximately 4500 feet above sea level. It was the former summer capital of the Old Bombay Presidency. Tourists are captivated by the exotic greenery, beautiful gardens, and breathtaking scenery.
Several magnificent mansions built during the British era still stand as Raj monuments. The best time to visit is from March to June. It is also well connected by road. In Mahabaleshwar, points of interest are referred to as “Points” because the majority of them are located at the apex of mountains.
Mahabaleshwar is an ideal leisure destination for relaxation and rejuvenation. Panchgani, Tapola, and Pratapgad Fort are also some of Mahabaleshwar’s well-known tourist attractions. Another well-known tourist attraction dedicated to Lord Shiva is the Kshetra Mahabaleshwar temple.
- How to reach Mahabaleshwar?: It is 339km from Nashik and you can take a bus to Mahabaleshwar ST Bus Depot (5 km) to visit this place.
- What is Mahabaleshwar famous for?: Mahabaleshwar is well-known for its strawberries. Essentials in Mahabaleshwar include the town’s famous farm fresh strawberries and raspberries. You can also take home jellies, honey, jams, and other items. The Town Bazaar also sells handicrafts, leather products, Kolhapuri footwear, and other items.
- Places nearby Mahabaleshwar to visit: Panchgani, Lonavala, Mumbai. Pune, Pawna Lake, Kamshet, Igatpuri, Kolad, Lohagad, Matheran, Raigad, Lavasa, Khandala, Alibaug, Rajmachi, Karnala Fort, Maval, Kashid, Revdanda Beach, Chiplun, Tapola
- Best time to visit Mahabaleshwar: March is when the temperature begins to rise, although it is still nice. The temperature remains constant between 15°C and 35°C. This is a popular tourism season for families that arrange vacations around school breaks. Every year, from June to September, Mahabaleshwar receives ordinary to heavy rainfall.
Dapoli is a small city surrounded by coconut and palm trees. Dapoli is a prominent beach location in Maharashtra’s Konkan area, located in the northern section of the district of Ratnagiri.
In addition to the various coconut farms distributed across Dapoli, the city also offers numerous gorgeous beaches that give stunning views of the seaside and natural landscapes. The lush flora and hills that surround the city add to its allure.
When visiting Dapoli, you may also participate in a variety of fun activities. Dapoli has a lot to offer tourists, from aquatic sports like swimming, surfing, and parasailing to adventure activities like hiking and trekking.
You can also enjoy exploring the caves or viewing dolphins in the Dapoli backwaters. Dapoli is one of the best hill stations near Sangli with beaches.
- How to reach Dapoli: It is 361 km from Nashik so you can take a bus to Dapoli ST Depot (4 km) to visit this place.
- What is Dapoli famous for?: Dapoli’s beaches, whether sandy or gravelly, are distinct and appealing. This comprises Karde Beach, which has golden sand, Ladghar Beach, which has red pebbles, and Murud Beach, which has black sand. Additional Dapoli tourist attractions include old forts and the Harnai Port, as well as beautiful temples.
- Places nearby Dapoli to visit: Karde Beach, Ladghar Beach, Murud Beach, Keshavraj Temple, Kelshi Beach, Parshuram Bhumi, Siddhi Vinayak Ganapati Temple, Kolthare Beach, Shri Vyaghreshwar Temple, Panhalekaji Caves, Savane Beach, Tamastirth Beach, Unhavare Hot Water Spring, Harnai Fish Market, Shri Ganesh Temple, Anjarle
- Best time to visit Dapoli: July, August, and September are ideal months to visit because they are the shoulder seasons, with moderate to heavy rain showers. During this period, you can have the best of both worlds. Dapoli’s off season for tourism occurs in April, May, and June.
A hill station is located in the Satpura Range which is known as Toranmal. This hill station draws throngs of travellers and pilgrims from all across the nation.
Toranmal is located on a plateau with a saucer-shaped shape that is surrounded by lovely lakes, waterfalls, and forests. This area is not only tucked away in the middle of nature, but it is also immersed in holy places that illustrate its culture and traditions.
During the Mahashivratri festival, thousands of devotees flock to Gorakhnath Temple, one of the primary attractions.
- How to reach Toranmal?: It is 369 km away and buses are the best way to reach this place.
- What is Toranmal famous for?: Toranmal is well-known for its sugarcane and its products. Due to its location in Maharashtra, the restaurant primarily provided tasty and spicy Maharashtrian cuisine.
- Places nearby Toranmal to visit: Sita Khai, Lotus Lake, Yashavant Lake, Machhindranath cave, Aawashabari Point, Khadki Point
- Best time to visit Toranmal: The optimum time to visit is from October to May, after which the monsoons knock on the town’s door. Toranmal has pleasant summers with more rainfall than the monsoons.
Rajmachi is a small village in Maharashtra’s Konkan area, located in the Sahyadri mountain range. Rajmachi is well-known for its mediaeval fortification, which includes two fortified peaks – Shrivardhan and Manaranjan forts – and is located near the two well-known hills of Lonavala and Khandala.
The settlement of Udhewadi, another name for Rajmachi, is located at the base of the fort. Rajmachi has passed through numerous hands, including that of Shivaji Maharaj, Emperor Aurangzeb, Shahu Maharaj, and, finally, the British.
Rajmachi Fort is well-known among trekkers and adventure seekers. It is one of the best hill stations near Sangli for a 1-day trip. If you want to do a full-fledged hike, you can start from the side of the Kondhane cave and climb for 3-4 hours, but you can also drive right up to Udhewadi village and then trek for only 20-30 minutes to the top of the fort.
- How to reach Rajmachi: It is 389 km from Nashik so you can take a bus to Karawadi Bus Station (3 km) to visit this place.
- What is Rajmachi famous for?: Rajmachi is well-known for its mediaeval fortification, which includes two fortified peaks – Shrivardhan and Manaranjan forts – and is located near the two well-known hills of Lonavala and Khandala. The settlement of Udhewadi, another name for Rajmachi, is located at the base of the fort.
- Places nearby Rajmachi to visit: Tiger’s Leap, Bhushi Dam, Lonavala Lake, Imagica Adlabs, Celebrity Wax Museum, Rajmachi Fort, Aamby Valley, Amrutanjan Point, Karla Caves, Bhimashankar Trail, Bhaja Caves, Visapur Fort, Ryewood Park, Tikona Fort
- Best time to visit Rajmachi: The months of June to September are ideal for visiting Rajmachi because the monsoon season meets you with water springs and vegetation all around as you ascend the fort.
People Also Read: 12 Best Trekking Places Near Nashik
Best Places To Visit Near Nashik Under 500 km
Suryamal is the tallest peak in the region, located in Maharashtra’s Thane district. The little yet attractive hill is a popular tourist destination due to the spectacular views that can be observed from the hilltop. It is one most popular hill stations near Nashik to visit.
The area is rich in valleys and thick forests, making it ideal for nature lovers and those looking to escape the city chaos.
- How to reach Suryamal?: It is 496km away. the nearest railhead is located in Igatpuri which is about 50 kilometres away. Buses are preferable to use
- What is Suryamal famous for?: It is known for its treks and hikes especially in winter and monsoon month.
- Places nearby Suryamal to visit: Suryamal Peak
- Best time to visit Suryamal: Winter lasts from November to February, and it is the best time to visit Suryamal since the animal and bird life is at its peak, the terrain is lush and green, and the temperature ranges between 12 and 20 degrees Celsius, but it can drop below 10 degrees Celsius at night.
Chikhaldara, located in the district of Amravati, is best known for its Wildlife Sanctuary. The region is about 1120 meters above sea level and is Maharashtra’s only coffee plantation area. Chikhaldara was said to have been discovered in 1823 by Captain Robinson of the Hyderabad Regiment.
The Chikhaldara region is nothing short of a wildlife haven. The area is teeming with birds, animals, and plants that will pique the interest of any nature or wildlife enthusiast. To name a few, the Chikhaldara Sanctuary is home to the flying squirrel, mouse deer, porcupine, langur, chausingha, blue bull, Indian bison, wild dog, leopard, pangolin, ratel, spotted deer, barking deer, sambar, sloth bear, and also tiger.
The flora includes mahua, dhaoda, ain, kusum, tiwas, teak, and bamboo trees. The Melghat Tiger Project is home to approximately 82 of India’s last remaining tigers. The panoramic view of Chikhaldara can be seen from one of the many nearby points such as Devi Point, Prospect Point, and Hurricane Point.
If you also enjoy art and history, don’t miss out on a visit to the Narnala Fort and the Gavilgarh Fort. Both forts are not only ancient and were built centuries ago, but they also provide a glimpse into India’s rich cultural history.
- How to reach Chikhaldara?: It is 563 km from Nashik so you can take a bus to MSRTC Bus Stand (1 km) to visit this place.
- What is Chikhaldara famous for?: It is famous for its beautiful surroundings.
- Places nearby Chikhaldara to visit: Bhimkund, Melghat Tiger Project, Narnala Fort, Gwaligarh Fort, Muktagiri, Bir Lake, Kalapani Lake
- Best time to visit Chikhaldara: Chikhaldara is best visited between July and September. From March through mid-June, the weather is pleasant during the day and cold in the evenings. During this season, wear lightweight summer attire.
Amboli is a lovely hill station in the southern range of the Sahyadri hills, 690 metres above sea level, right before the plain coastal beaches of Goa. Amboli is encircled on three sides by the Sahyadri hill valleys, with the Konkan seashore on the fourth. Amboli’s climate, flora, and fauna make for a wonderful mix for travelers.
In addition, the clean and calm hills here provide rich hot biodiversity to enjoy while sightseeing. It is one of the best hill stations near Sangli with a waterfall. The best time to visit Amboli is between October and February, which is the winter season. This is the time of year when Amboli is at its best.
During these months, the weather in this highland station is at its best.
- How to reach Amboli?: It is 565 km from Nashik so you can take a bus to Amboli ST Bus Stand (2 km) to visit this place.
- What is Amboli famous for?: During the monsoons, the main draw for travelers is the very heavy rainfall (7 m on average per year) and the various waterfalls and mist. According to legend, there are 108 Shiva temples in and around Amboli, only a dozen of which have been discovered, one as recently as 2005.
- Places nearby Amboli to visit: Amboli Falls, Madhavgad Fort, Shivgaonkar Port, Hiranya Keshi Temple, Durg Dhakoba Trek, Nangarta Falls, Sunset Point
- Best time to visit Amboli: October and February are the best months to visit this place.
Stay Updated! Join Now
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
The best way to visit Nashik is via train. Nashik Railway Station is just 8 km from the central city. Most of the major railway routes go through Nashik. A private bus is also a good choice to visit Nashik. After reaching Nashik, the best way to travel city is via bus. MSRTC (Maharashtra State Road Transport Corporation) operates several AC and Deluxe buses connecting hundreds of destinations within the city and to special tourist places.
There are many places that attract tourists and travelers like Bhandardara, Kalsubai, Malshej Ghat, Vaitarna Lake
Nashik is famous for its Hindu Pilgrimage sites of Kumbh Mela which is held after every 12 years. It is also called the “Wine Capital Of India” because of having half of India’s famous vineyards and wineries in the city.
Winter Season is the best time to visit Nashik because of the comfortable temperature and excellent sightseeing. Because of rainfall from June to September, it advisable to visit before or after that
Nashik is most famous for its Misal Pav which is a spicy chickpea-made curry that is served with a soft bread bun called pav.
Nashik is definitely worth visiting. There are several beautiful places in Nashik that host beautiful views of nature. There are several holy laces that played a significant role in Hindu legends. It has very pleasing weather throughout the year and is best for family trips and adventure lovers
Nashik is well-known for being one of the Hindu pilgrimage places for the annual Kumbh Mela. Nashik is around 190 kilometers north of Mumbai, the state capital. The city is known as the “Wine Capital of India” since it is home to more than half of India’s vineyards and wineries.
Sita Gumfa, Dudhsagar Waterfall, Ramkund, Pandavleni Caves, Anjaneri Hills are best areas in Nashik.
Moti Daman Beach is one of the most peaceful beaches around Nashik where you can enjoy the tranquillity of the place in a relaxed setting.