Nashik is the largest city in northern Maharashtra and is situated on the banks of the river Godavari. Because of its favorable geographical location, there are hundreds of beautiful places to visit throughout the city. This attracts thousands of travelers and tourists every day and is considered as one of the best places to visit near Nashik and even in the whole of Maharashtra.
Gangapur Dam, Shirdi, Kalsubai are just a few names in hundreds of other popular tourist attractions. Nashik is home to several beautiful hill stations which are considered as some of the best places to visit in Nashik.
Here are the 15 best places to visit near Nashik
Best Places To Visit Near Nashik Under 50 km
Sita Gufa is for explorers who love Indian ancient legends. It is believed that this is the place where Sita expressed her faith and devotion for Lord Shiva and this place also played a significant role in the Indian epic Ramayan.
- How to reach Sita Gufa? It is only 3km away from the main city so reaching it is quite easy via cab or even by walking.
- What is Sita Gufa famous for? It is extremely popular for its reference in the Hindu Epic Ramayan. According to this, Sita expressed her faith and devotion for Lord Shiva.
- Places to visit nearby Sita Gufa: Laxman Rekha, Shivalinga, Chandramuleshwar temple, and Kala Ram Mandir.
- Best time to visit Sita Gufa: First three months are considered best to visit this place because of the cool and comfortable climate.
Suggested Reads: 9 Hill Stations Near Nashik (Must Visit in 2023)
Dudhsagar Falls/Someshwar Falls
Waterfalls are one of the most beautiful and pleasing sites nature has to offer us. Someshwar waterfall is one of the most popular tourist places in Nashik. It is also known as Dudhsagar falls because of its milky appearance.
It is a must-visit for nature lovers and for those who visit the Someshwar temple. It is 10 meters high and tourists are only allowed to take a dip from October to January when the risk is low. It is daily visited by hundreds of families and youngsters to spend a relaxed evening. It is one of the best places near Nashik for weekends.
- How to reach Dudhsagar or Someshwar Falls? It is 9km from the Central Bus Stand and only 2 km from Someshwar Temple and tourists can easily get here via bus and cabs.
- What is Dudhsagar or Someshwar Falls famous for? It is Famous for its powerful water, milky appearance, and green lush beauty.
- Places to visit nearby Dudhsagar or Someshwar Falls: Someshwar Temple, Saptashrungi, Soma Vine Village, Sula Vineyards, and Kalaram temple.
- Best time to visit Dudhsagar or Someshwar Falls: Monsoon season is the best time to visit this site as water levels are high at this time which enhances the beauty of the waterfall.
Gangapur Dam holds a very special place in the hearts of tourists. It has a beautiful river scene, migratory birds, and boating activity and this makes it a heaven for tourists looking for picnic spots. It is a very huge dam and the sunset is very nice here visible coloring over the lake. This place is good photography shoots and a good picnic spot with family.
- How to reach Gangapur Dam? It is approximately only 10km away from the main city and tourists can visit there any time of the day.
- What is Gangapur Dam famous for? It is famous for its beautiful sunset view and for its picnic spots.
- Places to visit nearby Gangapur Dam: Soma Vine Village, York Winery, Sula Vineyards, Saptashrumgi, and Kalaram Temple.
- Best time to visit Gangapur Dam: It is preferred to visit this place between October to March because of the good water level. During summer, most of it is dry and hence it is not recommended to visit this place in summer.
Ramkund is a sacred bathing ghat situated on the Godavari river bank. It is 2.2 km from the spot so it is considered the holiest spot in Nashik. Ramkund is a very popular destination for religious people and tourists.
- How to reach Ramkund? It is very easy to visit as it is just 10 km away from the Nashik Railway Station and 2 km away from the Central Bus Stand.
- What is Ramkund famous for? Ramkund is extremely popular for its temples and for its historical significance in Hindu mythology.
- Places to visit nearby Ramkund: Prachin Ganga Godavari Mandir, Gnadhijyot, Kapileshwara Temple, Varad Vinayak Mandir, and Gandhi Lake.
- Best time to visit Ramkund: It is recommended to visit Ramkund during the evening and in the month between October to March for the best experience.
Suggested reads: Places to Visit Near Nagpur within 200 km
Pandaleni caves are another best spot for people seeking thrill and adventure because it also hosts great sites for hiking and trekking. It is located on hills in the out region of Nashik City near Nashik Mumbai Highway. These caves are also surrounded by green lush forests making them a good spot for nature lovers and peace seekers.
- How to reach Pandaleni caves? It is only 10 km from the main city and this area is well connected to highways like Mumbai Agra National Highway so it can be easily visited via a bus or cab.
- What is Pandaleni caves famous for? It is most famous for its adventurous hiking and thrilling activities and for its beautiful green lush scenery.
- Places to visit nearby Pandaleni caves: Dadasaheb Phalke Memorial, Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru Botanical Garden, Saptashrungi, Kalaram Temple, and Soma Vine Village.
- Best time to visit Pandaleni caves: Pandavleni Caves are good to visit year-round. But July to February is considered the best time to visit this place.
Sula Vineyard was established in 1999 by Rajeev Samant and it was Nashik’s first winery. It is located on the rolling hills of Nashik near another popular destination site called Gangapur Dam.
It is an extremely popular destination site for wine lovers and also for those who like the view of big green farms. There are two luxury properties called ‘The Source at Sula’ and ‘Beyond by Sula’ which can be reserved for tourists to stay. Sula Vineyard is a perfect place for a weekend near Nashik.
- How to reach Sula Vineyard? It is just 14 km away from the Nashik Railway Station and it can be visited very easily by bus and cabs.
- What is Sula Vineyard famous for? It is nationwide popular for its wine and grape varieties.
- Places to visit nearby Sula Vineyard: Dant temple, Lord Haanuma Temple, Lord Krishna Mandir, Dadasaheb Phalke Smarak, and Ram Mandir.
- Best time to visit Sula Vineyard: The first three months of the year and November, December are considered the best time to visit this place.
Ozar is one of the most attractive offbeat destinations in Mumbai because of its magnificent view of vineyard scapes and forest-covered hills. It is well-known for its massive grape, onion, and corn production, as well as the Vigneshwara Temple.
The location is a haven for numerous indigenous tribes who live a secluded existence and frequently present a diverse cultural exhibition in food and rituals. It is three hours distant from bustling Nashik and is ideal for weekend vacations with friends and family.
Another important religious institution in town is the Swami Bhramanand Temple. Aside from them, the Hal Museum and Pragati Aerospace Museum are also visited by tourists.
- How to reach Ozar? It is just 20 km away from the Nashik Railway Station and it can be visited very easily by bus and cabs.
- What is Ozar famous for? This town is famous for its Vineyards, Grapes, and Onions.
- Places to visit nearby Ozar: Sula Vineyards, Dudhsagar Falls, Saptashrungi, Trimbakeshwar Temple, Pandavleni Caves, Sita Gumpha, Anjaneri Hills, Gangapur Dam, Dugarwadi Waterfall, Kalaram Temple, Vallonne Vineyards, Harihar Fort, Coin Museum, Muktidham, Vihigaon Waterfall, Tringalwadi Fort.
- Best time to visit Ozar: Monsoon and winter from August to February are considered the best times to visit to avoid an excessively hot climate.
Dugerwadi Waterfall is famous for its milky white water which gushes down the hill and its incredible green surroundings which makes it one the best tourist attractions for nature lovers and an excellent spot for hiking and tread.
This spot is also a little bit more dangerous than others because of its powerful waterfall and landslides that might occur so tourists have to be careful every time here.
- How to reach Dugerwadi Waterfall? It is 30 km away from Nashik and the best way to visit this spot is via bus.
- What is Dugerwadi Waterfall famous for? It is famous for its milky white water which looks very beautiful and for Its trekking and hiking.
- Places to visit nearby Dugerwadi Waterfall: Trimbakeshwar Shiva Temple Jyotirling, Harihar Fort, and the Anjaneri hilltop.
- Best time to visit Dugerwadi Waterfall: It is best to visit this place during the monsoon to get the most of it.
Trimbakeshwar Temple is also one of the most popular places of worship and is visited by religious people and devotees from all over the country to show and express their faith and devotion.
This temple is situated on the base of the Bramhagiri ranges and is one of the twelve Jyotirlingas of Lord Shiva. It is very popular for its religious significance and therefore it is a must-visit site.
- How to reach Trimbakeshwar Temple? It is around 30 km away from Nashik and can visit via bus within 2 hours.
- What is Trimbakeshwar Temple famous for? It is very popular for its religious significance and it is one of the most sacred towns of India.
- Places to visit nearby Trimbakeshwar Temple: Vallonne Vineyards, Soma Vine Village, Lake Vaitarna Waterfalls, Anjaneri Forts, and Harihar Fort.
- Best time to visit Trimbakeshwar Temple: October to March is the most suitable time to visit this place to avoid any extreme climate and to enjoy the tour.
Anjaneri hills derived its name from the Goddess Anjana. Goddess Anjaana was the mother of Lord Hanuman in the cave atop the hill and because of this, it is one of the holiest places in Nashik to visit. It is a good spot for hikers to reach the top, as hiking is the only way. This site also serves as the best picnic spot near Nashik.
- How to reach Anjaneri hills? It is about 30 km from the main city and the best way to get there is by bus. But the journey will still not be over as it would take another 10km of hiking to reach the main spot.
- What is Anjaneri hills famous for? Very popular for its significance in Hindu Mythology. It is also very popular for hiking and trekking.
- Places to visit nearby Anjaneri hills: Trimbakeshwar, Coin Museum, Dugarwadi Waterfalls, Sula Vineyard, and Gangapur Dam.
- Best time to visit Anjaneri hills: This place is full of crowds year-round because of its popularity and the climate is always calm and suitable for most of us so it can be visited anytime.
Igatpuri is a hill station and city in Maharashtra’s Nashik district, located in the Western Ghats. Igatpuri is best known as the home of the Vipassana International Academy, the world’s largest Vipassana meditation institute. It teaches the severe type of meditation that Gautam Buddha initially taught in the sixth century BC.
Igatpuri, a favorite weekend retreat between Mumbai and Pune, is one of the best spots to visit in Maharashtra during the monsoon season. It is also an important railway station in Maharashtra, linking key cities in the region.
Aside from old forts, gorgeous waterfalls, and steep mountains, Igatpuri is an excellent location for rock climbing and trekking. Igatpuri’s Bhatsa River Valley, Camel Valley, Konkankada Valley, and the Randha Falls is ideal for photographers and environment enthusiasts.
Trngalwadi Fort, located at an elevation of 3000ft, is a popular trekking destination in Igatpuri. From the fort, you may enjoy a breathtaking panorama.
- How to reach Igatpuri? It is about 45 km from the main city and the best way to get there is by bus.
- What is Igatpuri famous for? Igatpuri is known for Vipassana International Academy, where an ancient technique of meditation is taught called Vipassana. It is also very popular for hiking and trekking.
- Places to visit nearby Igatpuri: Tringalwadi Fort, Vaitarna Dam, Vihigaon Waterfall, Kalsubai Peak, Ghatandevi Mandir, Camel Valley, Bhatsa River Valley.
- Best time to visit Igatpuri: The best time to visit Igatpuri is during the monsoons June to March and winters November and December.
Best Places To Visit Near Nashik Under 100 km
Kalsubai, also known as “Everest of Maharashtra” is located in the mountain ranges with lush greenery. It is one of the most visually attractive mountains in India. It is most popularly known for its adventurous trekking and hiking especially for night trekking.
There are amazing waterfalls, forests, grasslands, and many historic forts in that region. Don’t forget to check out our package for the trek to Kalsubai.
- How to reach Kalsubai? It is 60 km from Nashik and is also close to Pune and Mumbai. It is well connected to main roads and the best way to visit there is via bus.
- What is Kalsubai famous for? It is most famous for its mountains and beautiful view of nature which hosts many waterfalls and beautiful historic forts and also for its Night trekking to Kalsubai.
- Places to visit nearby Kalsubai: Bhandardara Lake, Sandhan Valley, Amruteshwar Temple, Randha Falls, and Umbrella Falls.
- Best time to visit Kalsubai: June to August is best for Monsoon Trek whereas September to October for flowers trek. For its most popular night trek, November to May is recommended.
You may also like to read : Kolad Caming and Bonfire
Saptashrungi is a Hindu pilgrimage site which is located in the small village Nanduri near Nashik. Saptashrungi Devi Mandir is situated at a height of 1230m is the main tourist attraction of this place.
It is dedicated to the Goddess Saptashrungi and it is known as one of the ‘three and a half Shakti Peethas’ of Maharashtra. Saptashrungi is a famous spot for foot walking and climbing as it has 470 steps and it usually takes an hour to reach the top.
- How to reach Saptashrungi? Saptashrungi is at a distance of 60km from Nashik which means you can only get there via a bus or a cab available for long distances.
- What is Saptashrungi famous for? It is very popular for its religious significance and its foot walking path.
- Places to visit nearby Saptashrungi: Saptashrungi Temple, Kala Ram Temple, Veer Savarkar Smarak, Coin Museum, and Mahonidri Mountain.
- Best time to visit Saptashrungi: October to February is the best time to visit Sptashrugi because of the cool climate which is comfortable for foot walking.
Umbrella waterfall is best to visit during the monsoon. This is also a famous picnic spot for people because of the pleasant climate and green lush view. It is called the Umbrella waterfall because of its unique waterfall shape. There are several old trees that are several centuries old which is a marvel in itself. It is the best waterfall near Nashik to visit.
- How to reach Anjaneri hills? It is about 68km from Nashik and the best way to visit there is via cab or bus.
- What is Anjaneri hills famous for? It is very popular for its unique Umbrella shape and its vicinity to Wilson Dam.
- Places to visit nearby Anjaneri hills: Randha Falls, Amruteshwar Temple, and Mt Kalsubai. Mountain.
- Best time to visit Anjaneri hills: Between July to October, this waterfall and its nearby surrounding are at their peak beauty because of the monsoon.
Bhandardara is a very beautiful hill station situated in the Sahyadri ranges. It is extremely popular for its green lush beautify and beautiful waterfalls and high mountains which makes it one of the most attractive places for tourists and travelers looking for pure natures beauty and peace. If you’re looking to visit, then make sure you check our Bhandardara Camping package.
- How to reach Bhandardara? It is 73 km from the main city and can also be visited from Ahmednagar. It is well connected via National Highways so reaching there via bus or cab is quite easy.
- What is Bhandardara famous for? It is famous for its beautiful waterfall, lake, and green lush environment. Lakeside camping at Bhandardara is also available
- Places to visit nearby Bhandardara: Umbrella falls, Wilson Dam, Kalsubai Peak, Randha falls, Ratanwadi Village, and Arthur Lake.
- Best time to visit Bhandardara: Monsoon and winter season is the best time to visit this place. March to June months are good if you want to see nature’s beauty.
Suggested reads: Best Adventure Activities in Igatpuri
Jawhar, a small hill station in Maharashtra’s Thane District, is a site of immense natural beauty and some man-made marvels. This hill town is full of tourist attractions and the unusual beauty of flora and dense forest cover, preserving countless gorgeous views.
The backdrop of a rocky mountain with rushing waterfalls and rich green forests is incredibly appealing. Apart from being blessed by Mother Nature, Jawhar also displays the fascinating culture of tribes and gleams with a glorious past.
The man-made grandeurs of Jai Vilas Palace and Shirpamal reflect outstanding craftsmanship while displaying architectural remnants. Despite a significant expansion in recent years, the town has managed to keep its ethnicity and rustic appeal.
This village with its picturesque natural surroundings is ideal for romantic couples and vacationers, and it will entice you to return again and again.
- How to reach Jawhar? It is about 78 km from Nashik main city and 134.5 km from Mumbai. A bus is the best way to get there and it would take only 2 hours.
- What is Jawhar famous for? Jawhar is known for its picturesque setting and vibrant cultural heritage.
- Places to visit nearby Jawhar: Dabdaba Falls, Jai Vilas Palace, Sunset Point, Shirpamal, Hanuman Point, Bhopatgad Fort, Khadkhad Dam, Domzira Waterfall, Kal Mandavi Waterfall, Jai Sagar Dam
- Best time to visit Jawhar: September to April are considered as best months to visit this place because of the calm and cool climate.
Vaitarna Lake is also one of the most popular places in Nashik among tourists and travelers. Besides the beautiful lake, it also hosts a beautiful view of the Western Ghats and its green lush scenery. This lake plates a very significant role in the water supply in nearby cities.
There are many shops and corners for tourists for eating and clothing. For relaxing, there are many resorts and modern hotels which can be reserved for tourists. Like this place? We have a great package for Vaitarna lake camping.
- How to reach Vaitarna Lake? It is about 90 km from Nashik main city and 91 km from Mumbai. A bus is the best way to get there and it would take only 2 hours.
- What is Vaitarna Lake famous for? It is very popular for its beautiful sightseeing and offering multiple ways to enjoy at the same time. Visit Vaitarna lake for camping
- Places to visit nearby Vaitarna Lake: Vaitarna Dam, Dhammagir, Ram Mandir, Vadivale Lake, and Bedsa Caves.
- Best time to visit Vaitarna Lake: December, January, and February are considered as best months to visit this place because of the calm and cool climate.
Saputara is a charming tiny hill station in Gujarat’s Dang district, nestled in the Sahyadris or the Western Ghats. It is one of the most popular hill stations near Nashik.
The town is a tourist favorite because of its lush green forests, undulating mountains, glittering waterfalls, beautiful meandering roads, vivid scenery, and plenty of delightful cubbyholes to spend time with your loved ones.
It is positioned 875 meters above sea level and is ideal for eco-tourists, animal aficionados, and those who enjoy adventure activities.
Saputara, literally means “snake habitat,” and the tribals of this region worship snakes, especially around Holi. It is a beautiful highland location rich in flora that offers stunning panoramas, unique tribal culture, and excellent trekking chances.
- How to reach Saputara? It is about 91 km from Nashik’s main city and 256.1 km from Mumbai. A bus or train is the best way to get there and it would take only 2 hours.
- What is Saputara famous for? Saputara is very popular for picnic spots and its boating activities.
- Places to visit nearby Saputara: Hathgadh Fort, Vansda National Park, Sunrise Point, Sunset Point, Saputara Lake, Gira falls, Echo Point, Step Garden, Table Point, Saputara Tribal Museum, Lake Garden, Saptashringi Devi Mandir, Purna Sanctuary.
- Best time to visit Saputara: Saputara experiences calm weather throughout the year which means it can be visited any time of the year.
Shirdi is a pilgrimage town in Maharashtra’s Ahmednagar district. This is a prominent pilgrimage site in Maharashtra and throughout India.
Shirdi is home to the Shirdi Sai Baba shrine, which is the main attraction for pilgrims on Shirdi trip packages. Sai Baba, who lived in the twentieth century, is regarded as one of India’s greatest saints.
Sai Baba came to Shirdi when he was 16 years old and stayed till his death in 1918. This little village was converted by Sai Baba into a holy pilgrimage place for his disciples. This is a must-see attraction in Maharashtra tour packages.
Shirdi, one of the top pilgrimage locations to visit near Pune, is related to many stories of the famed Shirdi Sai. His altruistic devotion and dedication to the underprivileged earned him recognition, and he is still venerated today. Shirdi is where he obtained his ‘Samadhi,’ or last residence.
The Shirdi temple complex is around 200 square meters in size. Gurusthan, Samadhi Mandir, Dwarkamai, Chavadi, and Lendi Baug are all part of it.
- How to reach Shirdi? It is about 94.6 km from Nashik’s main city. A bus or train is the best way to get there and it would take only 2 hours.
- What is Shirdi famous for? Shirdi is mostly known for the Sai Baba Temple throughout the country.
- Places to visit nearby Shirdi: Shirdi Sai Baba temple, Amruteshwar Temple, Lendi Baug, Water Park, etc.
- Best time to visit Shirdi: The best time to visit Shirdi is between June and February, i.e. during the monsoons from June to September and the winter season from October to February.
Best Places To Visit Near Nashik Under 150 Km
Malshej Ghat is most popular for its green lush environment, beautiful Malshej Waterfall, and pollution-free fresh air. It is a mountain pass in the Western Ghats of Maharashtra and hosts many places for hiking, trekking, and sightseeing. Malashej Ghat is one of the best hill stations near Nashik to visit.
Among locals, it is popularly known for its Pink Flamingoes which migrate there during July and September. Not only this, there is a beautiful dam and a hillfort too. So if you’re a hiker or love trekking then make sure you check our Malshej Ghat Camping packages.
- How to reach Malshej Ghat? It is about 130 km from main Nashik City and it can be also visited from Mumbai and Ahmednagar via bus because it is well connected to National Highways.
- What is Malshej Ghat famous for? It is very popular for its green lush environment, pollution-free air, and extremely beautiful sightseeing. You can enjoy lakeside Camping at Malshej Ghat and trek to Sindhola Gadh.
- Places to visit nearby Malshej Ghat: Malshej falls, Sindolagadh fort, Pimpalgaon Joga Dam, Harishchandragad Fort, Ajoba Hill Fort, and Konkan Kada.
- Best time to visit Malshej Ghat: October to March is the best time if you want to enjoy the view of the dam, forts, and beautiful sightseeing whereas monsoons will be better for those who want to enjoy the waterfall and fully filled overflowing dam.
You may also like: Devkund Camping and Trek
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
The best way to visit Nashik is via train. Nashik Railway Station is just 8 km from the central city. Most of the major railway routes go through Nashik. A private bus is also a good choice to visit Nashik. After reaching Nashik, the best way to travel city is via bus. MSRTC (Maharashtra State Road Transport Corporation) operates several AC and Deluxe buses connecting hundreds of destinations within the city and to special tourist places.
There are many places that attract tourists and travelers like Bhandardara, Kalsubai, Malshej Ghat, Vaitarna Lake
Nashik is famous for its Hindu Pilgrimage sites of Kumbh Mela which is held after every 12 years. It is also called the “Wine Capital Of India” because of having half of India’s famous vineyards and wineries in the city.
Winter Season is the best time to visit Nashik because of the comfortable temperature and excellent sightseeing. Because of rainfall from June to September, it advisable to visit before or after that
Nashik is most famous for its Misal Pav which is a spicy chickpea-made curry that is served with a soft bread bun called pav.
Nashik is definitely worth visiting. There are several beautiful places in Nashik that host beautiful views of nature. There are several holy laces that played a significant role in Hindu legends. It has very pleasing weather throughout the year and is best for family trips and adventure lovers
Nashik is well-known for being one of the Hindu pilgrimage places for the annual Kumbh Mela. Nashik is around 190 kilometres north of Mumbai, the state capital. The city is known as the “Wine Capital of India” since it is home to more than half of India’s vineyards and wineries.
Sita Gumfa, Dudhsagar Waterfall, Ramkund, Pandavleni Caves, Anjaneri Hills are best areas in Nashik.
Moti Daman beach is one of the most peaceful beaches around Nashik where you can enjoy the tranquillity of the place in a relaxed setting.