Nashik is the largest city in northern Maharashtra and is situated on the banks of the river Godavari. Because of its favorable geographical location, there are hundreds of beautiful places to visit throughout the city. This attracts thousands of travelers and tourists every day and is considered as one of the best places to visit near Nashik and even in whole Maharashtra.
Gangapur Dam, Shirdi, Kalsubai are just a few names in hundreds of other popular tourist attractions. Nashik is home to several beautiful hill stations which are considered as some of the best places to visit in Nashik.
Here are the 15 best places to visit near Nashik
- Sula Vineyard
- Dudhsagar Falls/Someshwar Falls
- Gangapur Dam
- Malshej Ghat
- Trimbakeshwar Temple
- Dugarwadi Waterfall
- Pandavleni Caves
- Sita Gumfa
- Vaitrana Lake
- Anjaneri Hills
- Umbrella Waterfall
These are some of the best places near Nashik to visit which we will be discussing further in detail:
Ramkund is a sacred bathing ghat situated on the Godavari river bank. It is 2.2 km from the spot so it is considered the holiest spot in Nashik. Ramkund is a very popular destination for religious people and tourists.
- How to reach Ramkund? It is very easy to visit as it is just 10 km away from the Nashik Railway Station and 2 km away from the Central Bus Stand.
- What is Ramkund famous for? Ramkund is extremely popular for its temples and for its historical significance in Hindu mythology.
- Places to visit nearby Ramkund: Prachin Ganga Godavari Mandir, Gnadhijyot, Kapileshwara Temple, Varad Vinayak Mandir, and Gandhi Lake.
- Best time to visit Ramkund: It is recommended to visit Ramkund during the evening and in the month between October to March for the best experience.
2. SULA VINEYARD
Sula Vineyard was established in 1999 by Rajeev Samant and it was Nashik’s first winery. It is located on the rolling hills of Nashik near another popular destination site called Gangapur Dam.
It is an extremely popular destination site for wine lovers and also for those who like the view of big green farms. There are two luxury properties called ‘The Source at Sula’ and ‘Beyond by Sula’ which can be reserved for tourists to stay.
- How to reach Sula Vineyard? It is just 14 km away from the Nashik Railway Station and it can be visited very easily by bus and cabs.
- What is Sula Vineyard famous for? It is nationwide popular for its wine and grape varieties.
- Places to visit nearby Sula Vineyard: Dant temple, Lord Haanuma Temple, Lord Krishna Mandir, Dadasaheb Phalke Smarak, and Ram Mandir.
- Best time to visit Sula Vineyard: The first three months of the year and November, December are considered the best time to visit this place.
3. DUDHSAGAR/SOMESHWAR FALLS
Waterfalls are one of the most beautiful and pleasing sites nature has to offer us. Someshwar waterfall is one of the most popular tourist places in Nashik. It is also known as Dudhsagar falls because of its milky appearance.
It is a must-visit for nature lovers and for those who visit the Someshwar temple. It is 10 meters high and tourists are only allowed to take a dip from October to January when the risk is low. It is daily visited by hundreds of families and youngsters to spend a relaxed evening.
- How to reach Dudhsagar or Someshwar Falls? It is 9km from the Central Bus Stand and only 2 km from Someshwar Temple and tourists can easily get here via bus and cabs.
- What is Dudhsagar or Someshwar Falls famous for? It is Famous for its powerful water, milky appearance, and green lush beauty.
- Places to visit nearby Dudhsagar or Someshwar Falls: Someshwar Temple, Saptashrungi, Soma Vine Village, Sula Vineyards, and Kalaram temple.
- Best time to visit Dudhsagar or Someshwar Falls: Monsoon season is the best time to visit this site as water levels are high at this time which enhances the beauty of the waterfall.
Bhandardara is a very beautiful hill station situated in the Sahyadri ranges. It is extremely popular for its green lush beautify and beautiful waterfalls and high mountains which makes it one of the most attractive places for tourists and travelers looking for pure natures beauty and peace. If you’re looking to visit, then make sure you check our Bhandardara Camping package.
- How to reach Bhandardara? It is 73 km from the main city and can also be visited from Ahmednagar. It is well connected via National Highways so reaching there via bus or cab is quite easy.
- What is Bhandardara famous for? It is famous for its beautiful waterfall, lake, and green lush environment. Lakeside camping at Bhandardara is also available
- Places to visit nearby Bhandardara: Umbrella falls, Wilson Dam, Kalsubai Peak, Randha falls, Ratanwadi Village, and Arthur Lake.
- Best time to visit Bhandardara: Monsoon and winter season is the best time to visit this place. March to June months are good if you want to see nature’s beauty.
5. GANGAPUR DAM
Gangapur Dam holds a very special place in the hearts of tourists. It has a beautiful river scene, migratory birds, boating activity and this makes it a heaven for tourists looking for picnic spots. It is a very huge dam and the sunset is very nice here visible coloring over the lake. This place is good photography shoots and a good picnic spot with family.
- How to reach Gangapur Dam? It is approximately only 10km away from the main city and tourists can visit there any time of the day.
- What is Gangapur Dam famous for? It is famous for its beautiful sunset view and for its picnic spots.
- Places to visit nearby Gangapur Dam: Soma Vine Village, York Winery, Sula Vineyards, Saptashrumgi, and Kalaram Temple.
- Best time to visit Gangapur Dam: It is preferred to visit this place between October to March because of the good water level. During summer, most of it is dry and hence it is not recommended to visit this place in Summers.
6. MALSHEJ GHAT
Malshej Ghat is most popular for its green lush environment, beautiful Malshej Waterfall, and pollution-free fresh air. It is a mountain pass in the Western Ghats of Maharashtra and hosts many places for hiking, trekking, and sightseeing.
Among locals, it is popularly known for its Pink Flamingoes which migrate there during July and September. Not only this, there is a beautiful dam and a hillfort too. So if you’re a hiker or loves trekking then make sure you check our Malshej Ghat Camping packages.
- How to reach Malshej Ghat? It is about 130 km from main Nashik City and it can be also visited from Mumbai and Ahmednagar via bus because it is well connected to National Highways.
- What is Malshej Ghat famous for? It is very popular for its green lush environment, pollution-free air and extremely beautiful sightseeing. You can enjoy lakeside camping at Malshej Ghat and trek to Sindhola Gadh.
- Places to visit nearby Malshej Ghat: Malshej falls, Sindolagadh fort, Pimpalgaon Joga Dam, Harishchandragad Fort, Ajoba Hill Fort, and Konkan Kada.
- Best time to visit Malshej Ghat: October to March is the best time if you want to enjoy the view of the dam, forts and beautiful sightseeing whereas monsoons will be better for those who want to enjoy the waterfall and fully filled overflowing dam.
Saptashrungi is a Hindu pilgrimage site which is located in the small village Nanduri near Nashik. Saptashrungi Devi Mandir is situated at a height of 1230m is the main tourist attraction of this place. It is dedicated to the Goddess Saptashrungi and it is known as one of the ‘three and a half Shakti Peethas’ of Maharashtra. It is a famous spot for foot walking and climbing as it has 470 steps and it usually takes an hour to reach the top.
- How to reach Saptashrungi? Saptashrungi is at a distance of 60km from Nashik which means you can only get there via a bus or a cab available for long distances.
- What is Saptashrungi famous for? It is very popular for its religious significance and its foot walking path.
- Places to visit nearby Saptashrungi: Saptashrungi Temple, Kala Ram Temple, Veer Savarkar Smarak, Coin Museum, and Mahonidri Mountain.
- Best time to visit Saptashrungi: October to February is the best time to visit Sptashrugi because of the cool climate which is comfortable for foot walking.
Kalsubai, also known as “Everest of Maharashtra” is located in the mountain ranges with lush greenery. It is one of the most visually attractive mountains in India. It is most popularly known for its adventurous trekking and hiking especially for night trekking.
There are amazing waterfalls, forests, grasslands, and many historic forts in that region. Don’t forget to check out our package for the trek to Kalsubai.
- How to reach Kalsubai? It is 60 km from Nashik and is also close to Pune and Mumbai. It is well connected to main roads and the best way to visit there is via bus.
- What is Kalsubai famous for? It is most famous for its mountains and beautiful view of nature which hosts many waterfalls and beautiful historic forts and also for its night trekking to Kalsubai.
- Places to visit nearby Kalsubai: Bhandardara Lake, Sandhan Valley, Amruteshwar Temple, Randha Falls, and Umbrella Falls.
- Best time to visit Kalsubai: June to August is best for Monsoon Trek whereas September to October for flowers trek. For its most popular night trek, November to May is recommended.
You may also like to read : Kolad Caming and Bonfire
9. TRIMBAKESHWAR TEMPLE
Trimbakeshwar Temple is also one of the most popular places of worship and is visited by religious people and devotees from all over the country to show and express their faith and devotion.
This temple is situated on the base of the Bramhagiri ranges and is one of the twelve Jyotirlingas of Lord Shiva. It is very popular for its religious significance and therefore it is a must-visit site.
- How to reach Trimbakeshwar Temple? It is around 30 km away from Nashik and can visit via bus within 2 hours.
- What is Trimbakeshwar Temple famous for? It is very popular for its religious significance and it is one of the most sacred towns of India.
- Places to visit nearby Trimbakeshwar Temple: Vallonne Vineyards, Soma Vine Village, Lake Vaitarna Waterfalls, Anjaneri Forts, and Harihar Fort.
- Best time to visit Trimbakeshwar Temple: October to March is the most suitable time to visit this place to avoid any extreme climate and to enjoy the tour.
10. DUGERWADI WATERFALL
Dugerwadi Waterfall is famous for its milky white water which gushes down the hill and its incredible green surroundings which makes it one the best tourist attractions for nature lovers and an excellent spot for hiking and tread.
This spot is also a little bit dangerous than others because of its powerful waterfall and landslides that might occur so tourists have to be careful every time here.
- How to reach Dugerwadi Waterfall? It is 30 km away from Nashik and the best way to visit this spot is via bus.
- What is Dugerwadi Waterfall famous for? It is famous for its milky white water which looks very beautiful and for Its trekking and hiking.
- Places to visit nearby Dugerwadi Waterfall: Trimbakeshwar Shiva Temple Jyotirling, Harihar Fort, and the Anjaneri hilltop.
- Best time to visit Dugerwadi Waterfall: It is best to visit this place during the monsoon to get most of it.
You may also like : Devkund Camping and Trek
11. PANDAVLENI CAVES
Pandaleni caves are another best spot for people seeking thrill and adventure because it also hosts great sites for hiking and trekking. It is located on hills in the out region of Nashik City near Nashik Mumbai Highway. These caves are also surrounded by green lush forests making them a good spot for nature lovers and peace seekers.
- How to reach Pandaleni caves? It is only 10 km from the main city and this area is well connected to highways like Mumbai Agra National Highway so it can be easily visited via a bus or cab.
- What is Pandaleni caves famous for? It is most famous for its adventurous hiking and thrilling activities and for its beautiful green lush scenery.
- Places to visit nearby Pandaleni caves: Dadasaheb Phalke Memorial, Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru Botanical Garden, Saptashrungi, Kalaram Temple, and Soma Vine Village.
- Best time to visit Pandaleni caves: Pandavleni Caves are good to visit year-round. But July to February is considered the best time to visit this place.
12. SITA GUFA
Sita Gufa is for explorers who love Indian ancient legends. It is believed that this is the place where Sita expressed her faith and devotion for Lord Shiva and this place also played a significant role in the Indian epic Ramayan.
- How to reach Sita Gufa? It is only 3km away from the main city so reaching it is quite easy via cab or even by walking.
- What is Sita Gufa famous for? It is extremely popular for its reference in the Hindu Epic Ramayan. According to this, Sita expressed her faith and devotion for Lord Shiva.
- Places to visit nearby Sita Gufa: Laxman Rekha, Shivalinga, Chandramuleshwar temple, and Kala Ram Mandir.
- Best time to visit Sita Gufa: First three months are considered best to visit this place because of the cool and comfortable climate.
13. VAITARNA LAKE
Vaitarna Lake is also one of the most popular places in Nashik among tourists and travelers. Besides the beautiful lake, it also hosts a beautiful view of the Western Ghats and its green lush scenery. This lake plates a very significant role in the water supply in nearby cities.
There are many shops and corners for tourists for eating and clothing. For relaxing, there are many resorts and modern hotels which can be reserved for tourists. Like this place? We have a great package for Vaitarna lake camping.
- How to reach Vaitarna Lake? It is about 90 km from Nashik main city and 91 km from Mumbai. A bus is the best way to get there and it would take only 2 hours.
- What is Vaitarna Lake famous for? It is very popular for its beautiful sightseeing and offering multiple ways to enjoy at the same time. Visit Vaitarna lake for camping
- Places to visit nearby Vaitarna Lake: Vaitarna Dam, Dhammagir, Ram Mandir, Vadivale Lake, and Bedsa Caves.
- Best time to visit Vaitarna Lake: December, January, and February are considered as best months to visit this place because of the calm and cool climate.
14. ANJANERI HILLS
Anjaneri hills derived its name from the Goddess Anjana. Goddess Anjaana was the mother of Lord Hanuman in the cave atop the hill and because of this, it is one of the holiest places in Nashik to visit. It is a good spot for hikers to reach the top, as hiking is the only way.
- How to reach Anjaneri hills? It is about 30 km from the main city and the best way to get there is by bus. But the journey will still not be over as it would take another 10km of hiking to reach the main spot.
- What is Anjaneri hills famous for? Very popular for its significance in Hindu Mythology. It is also very popular for hiking and trekking.
- Places to visit nearby Anjaneri hills: Trimbakeshwar, Coin Museum, Dugarwadi Waterfalls, Sula Vineyard, and Gangapur Dam.
- Best time to visit Anjaneri hills: This place is full of crowds year-round because of its popularity and climate is always calm and suitable for most of us so it can be visited anytime.
15. UMBRELLA WATERFALL
Umbrella waterfall is best to visit during the monsoon. This is also a famous picnic spot for people because of the pleasant climate and green lush view. It is called the Umbrella waterfall because of its unique waterfall shape. There are several old trees which are several centuries old which is a marvel in itself.
- How to reach Anjaneri hills? It is about 68km from Nashik and the best way to visit there is via a cab or a bus.
- What is Anjaneri hills famous for? It is very popular for its unique Umbrella shape and its vicinity to Wilson Dam.
- Places to visit nearby Anjaneri hills: Randha Falls, Amruteshwar Temple, and Mt Kalsubai. Mountain.
- Best time to visit Anjaneri hills: Between July to October, this waterfall and its nearby surrounding are at their peak beauty because of the monsoon.
The best way to visit Nashik is via train. Nashik Railway Station is just 8 km from the central city. Most of the major railway routes go through Nashik. A private bus is also a good choice to visit Nashik. After reaching Nashik, the best way to travel city is via bus. MSRTC (Maharashtra State Road Transport Corporation) operates several AC and Deluxe buses connecting hundreds of destinations within the city and to special tourist places.
There are many places that attract tourists and travelers like Bhandardara, Kalsubai, Malshej Ghat, Vaitarna Lake
Nashik is famous for its Hindu Pilgrimage sites of Kumbh Mela which is held after every 12 years. It is also called the “Wine Capital Of India” because of having half of India’s famous vineyards and wineries in the city.
Winter Season is the best time to visit Nashik because of the comfortable temperature and excellent sightseeing. Because of rainfall from June to September, it advisable to visit before or after that
Nashik is most famous for its Misal Pav which is a spicy chickpea-made curry that is served with a soft bread bun called pav.
Nashik is definitely worth visiting. There are several beautiful places in Nashik that host beautiful views of nature. There are several holy laces that played a significant role in Hindu legends. It has very pleasing weather throughout the year and is best for family trips and adventure lovers