Are you looking to escape the hustle and bustle of city life and spend some quality time in nature? We have just the thing for you! India is home to a variety of incredible camping places near Delhi that offer spectacular views, picturesque landscapes, and unforgettable experiences.
These beautiful camping sites are only a few hours’ drives away from Delhi and will make sure your vacation is one you won’t soon forget.
Top Camping Spots Near Delhi
Camping Places Near Delhi Within 100Km
Camp Wild Dhauj
First on the list of best camping places near Delhi is Camp Wild Dhauj.Immerse yourself in the ultimate camping experience at Camp Wild Dhauj near Delhi! Not only do they provide comfortable tents and delicious food, but also offer a wide range of adventure sports.
To top it all off – enjoy your winter nights with epic DJ parties and bonfires that will keep you warm by the fire. No matter what activities you choose or how adventurous you’re feeling – there’s something for everyone at this popular campground!
- How to reach Camp Wild Dhauj?:For those wishing to visit Camp Wild Dhauj, located 55km from Delhi, the Badarpur Metro Station (Violet Line) is your closest connection. Utilizing the Delhi Metro service will ensure that you arrive quickly and safely!
- What is Camp Wild Dhauj famous for?:Camp wild Dhauj is famous for rappelling, rock climbing, flying fox, hiking, and more.
- Best time to visit Camp Wild Dhauj: Best time to visit Camp Wild Dhauj is between October to March.
- Official Site: To know more you can visit Camp Wild Dhauj.
Sultanpur Bird Sanctuary
Next on the list of best camping places near Delhi is Sultanpur Bird Sanctuary. Nestled in the quaint town of Farukhnagar, Gurugram district of Haryana lies Sultanpur Bird Sanctuary. It is a popular bird refuge and watcher’s paradise. Winter season is especially magical to witness as this sanctuary serves as a migratory haven for numerous feathered friends.
In order to enhance tourists’ experience, Haryana Tourism has completed various renovation projects including the construction of hills and pathways which lend an incredible aesthetic appeal to this beautiful place. Must visit.
- How to reach Sultanpur Bird Sanctuary?To get to the Sultanpur Bird Sanctuary, located 40 km from Delhi, you have both Metro and Bus options available.
- What is Sultanpur Bird Sanctuary famous for?:It is famous for its migratory as well as resident birds.
- Best time to visit Sultanpur Bird Sanctuary:If you’re looking for the optimal time to explore Sultanpur Bird Sanctuary, plan your adventure for the winter months from January-early March. You’ll be in awe of the incredible number of resident and migratory birds that inhabit this special place during these few weeks!
Now on the list of best camping places near Delhi is Damdama Lake.Nestled amid the breathtaking Aravalli Mountains, Damdama Lake is an oasis of peace and serenity away from the busyness of city life. This majestic lake offers weary travelers a perfect escape for some rest and rejuvenation – something we all need every now and then!
It’s also one of Haryana’s largest lakes, providing families with plenty to explore on their weekend getaways as they recharge in preparation for the upcoming week ahead.
- How to reach Damdama Lake?:Damdama Lake, located only 64 kilometers away from Delhi, is easily accessible by bus or metro after transferring on the blue and magenta lines.
- What is Damdama Lake famous for? : Here, visitors may have the opportunity to observe a variety of endangered avian species such as cranes, waterfowl, terns, cormorants, and kingfishers.
- Best time to visit Damdama Lake: From August to February, Damdama Lake is the perfect place for a getaway.
Suggested Read: Haunted places in Delhi
Badkhal Lake is located in the idyllic village of Badkhal near Faridabad, Haryana. Nestled between the rolling hills of the Aravalli Range was once a man-made embankment. Unchecked mining however caused this lake to dry up around two decades ago and is now completely barren.
It is a must-visit camping site near Delhi. The area still remains popular amongst locals due to its proximity to nearby restaurants operated by Haryana Tourism Corporation as well as an annual flower show that takes place every spring season!
- How to reach Badkhal Lake?:Badkhal Lake is located on the Delhi-Faridabad border and is about 53 km away from Delhi. There are several convenient options for reaching Badkhal Lake from Delhi.
- What is Badkhal Lake famous for?: This lake is famous for boating, bird watching, and other recreational activities
- Best time to visit Badkhal Lake: To experience the lake in all its glory, it is ideal to visit during the mid-monsoon season.
On the list of camping places near Delhi is Camp Mustang.From paramotoring to paintball and even zorbing, Camp Mustang has various activities that cater to everyone’s interests. It is a great alternative destination for camping near Delhi that remains largely untapped! What are you waiting for? When will your next trip be here?
- How to reach Camp Mustang?:The most convenient way to reach Camp Mustang from Delhi is by road. It is a distance of approximately 60 km and can be covered in around 2 hours, depending on the traffic
- What is Camp Mustang famous for?: Camp Mustang is famous for activities like Rock Climbing, Trekking, Air Rifle Shooting, Zorbing, Farming, and Cycling.
- Best time to visit Camp Mustang: For the highest chance of beautiful weather, plan your trip to Mustang between June and September – the sunny summer months.
- Official Site: To know more you can visit Camp Mustang.
Camping Places Near Delhi Within 250Km
Chail, Himachal Pradesh
Chail is an awe-inspiring destination with breathtaking panoramas of the hills. On a starry night, this Campsite offers guests unparalleled views from the vast sky above. Must visit this camping place near Delhi. You must visit this camping site near Delhi.
The hospitality here is truly remarkable, and even just spending a day or two at Chail will leave you feeling rejuvenated and relaxed!
- How to reach Chail?:Reaching Chail, Himachal Pradesh from Delhi is an easy and beautiful journey. The distance between the two destinations is about 219 km and can be covered in a day’s time.
- What is Chail famous for? : Chail is renowned for its breathtaking beauty, untouched forests, and tranquil setting.
- Best time to visit Chail: There is no better time to explore Chail than during the summer months.
Escape to the picturesque Morni Hills and let Panchkula captivate you with its breathtaking beauty. Relax or go on an exciting adventure while watching a stunning sunrise, sunset, and star-studded night sky! Indulge in thrilling sports that will give you an unforgettable adrenaline rush.
Enjoy a campfire, nature walks, and lots of fun activities with your family or friends. Panchkula will definitely leave you mesmerized! It is a great camping site near Delhi
- How to Reach Panchkula, Haryana?Panchkula, Haryana is located a distance of 247 km from Delhi. The city is well-connected by road, rail and air.
- What is Panchkula famous for?: Known for its lush, dense forests, Panchkula boasts the most abundant vegetation cover of any district in Haryana.
- Best time to visit Panchkula? Wintertime is the optimal moment to explore Panchkula, allowing you to experience the city in all its glory.
Suggested Read:Hill Stations Near Gurgaon
Camping Places Near Delhi Within 350Km
For the knowledgeable, Rishikesh is not only about religion. Just a few hours away from Delhi lies an amazing camping spot that invites you to indulge in exhilarating rafting or kayaking experiences down the powerful river Ganga.
Or if you’d rather take it slow, savor nature’s beauty with your family as you enjoy stargazing, wildlife spotting, and basking in the surrounding greenery while camping along its banks! But don’t forget simpler sports like badminton and beach volleyball too; they make sure everyone gets a chance to create lasting memories of this stunning place.
- How to reach Rishikesh?:Rishikesh is located in the northern region of India, approximately 262Km away from Delhi. The easiest way to reach Rishikesh is by taking a train from Delhi up to Haridwar and then a bus or taxi from there to Rishikesh.
- What is Rishikesh famous for?: Rishikesh is a naturally beautiful destination, but what really sets it apart is the thrilling activities that await.
- Best time to visit Rishikesh? From October to February, Rishikesh experiences its winter season with warm temperatures ranging from 19°C to 27°C.
Escape to the Shekhawati Desert for an intimate retreat with your loved one full of delectable local cuisine and enchanting Rajasthani melodies! Birdwatchers will revel in the array of avian species that can be found here, while all visitors should certainly visit enchanted Havelis adorned with dazzling frescoes.
Make sure you don’t pass up on experiencing vibrant traditional fashion too – a spectrum of mesmerizing hues awaits you!
- How to reach Shekhawati, Rajasthan? Located approximately 255Km from Delhi, the Shekhawati region of Rajasthan is a great tourist destination due to its colorful havelis and vast cultural heritage.
- What is Shekhawati, Rajasthan famous for?: The picturesque land of Shekhawati promises a bountiful opportunity for tourists to explore its stunning havelis and grand mansions that are sure to captivate your imagination.
- Best time to visit Shekhawati, Rajasthan: The prime months to visit are from October through December and March.
Sirmaur, Himachal Pradesh
If you’re a city dweller searching for the perfect camping destination near Delhi, look no further than Sirmaur! Located here are breathtaking views such as Renuka Lake and Churdhar mountain, which tower 3,646 meters above sea level.
Additionally, this area is home to many ancient temples and wildlife sanctuaries that tell tales of Rajput rule. Camping in Sirmaur will provide an unforgettable experience where you can watch both sunrise and sunset without interruption from your everyday urban life!
- How to reach Sirmaur, Himachal Pradesh? Sirmaur, Himachal Pradesh is situated at a distance of 270 kilometers from Delhi.
- What is Sirmaur, Himachal Pradesh famous for? : At the highest point stands an impressive temple of Lord Shiva. Surrounding the towering mountain lies a wildlife sanctuary, boasting an abundance of herbs and glorious alpine vegetation.
- Best time to visit Sirmaur, Himachal Pradesh: Spring and Summer (February to June) is the optimum time for a getaway in Himachal. October to February, however, is also an ideal season as it marks the snowfall period.
Suggested Read:Top Refreshing Adventure Places In India To Visit
Camp at Mussoorie
Nestled in the majestic Himalayas, Mussoorie is a paradise for travelers searching for an adventure-filled escape. Its lush forests and captivating views will take your breath away! Not to mention, its temperate climate provides the perfect conditions for activities such as trekking, rafting, and valley crossing.
Once you’ve explored all that this hill station has to offer outdoors, be sure not to miss visiting the wax museum or local fish aquarium as well as Kempty Falls or Soham Heritage & Art Centre which houses artwork from around the region. Finally, delve deep into nature’s lap by going birdwatching or camping in these magical woods!
- How to reach Camp at Mussoorie?:Mussoorie is a picturesque hill station located approximately 304 km away from Delhi. It is a popular tourist spot due to its beautiful landscapes, pleasant climate and various attractions. To reach Camp at Mussoorie, one can take the bus or train from Delhi.
- What is Mussoorie camp famous for?: Known as the queen of hill stations, Mussoorie offers its visitors an unparalleled experience with its breathtaking views and bustling social life. Enjoy a variety of entertainment options in this magical destination!
- Best time to visit Camp at Mussoorie: July to September is the best time to visit Mussoorie
Embrace nature by visiting this breathtaking site in the Nainital district, boasting enchanting views and a picturesque valley ideal for trekking, bird-watching, and angling. It is one of the best campsites near Delhi. At an altitude of 1220 meters above sea level lies the captivating ‘Lake of Nine Corners’, offering thrilling activities like paragliding, rowing, paddling, and yachting!
- How to reach Naukuchiatal ?:Naukuchiatal is located 320 km from Delhi and can be reached via road or rail.
- What is Naukuchiatal famous for? The valley is renowned for its fantastic birdwatching and fishing opportunities.
- Best time to visit Naukuchiatal :The optimal time to explore the majestic beauty of Naukuchiatal is from March through June or September till November.
Camping Places Near Delhi Within 500Km
Fagu near Shimla
If you’re looking for an unforgettable camping experience and awe-inspiring views, this picturesque village is the ideal destination. Here, you can enjoy stunning sights of hilltops with a backdrop of snow-capped Himalayas. Moreover, traverse through neighboring villages while admiring their lush fruit orchards!
And don’t forget to take advantage of all the outdoor activities available at this dreamy resort – it’ll be an adventure like no other!
- How to reach Fagu near Shimla?:Fagu, situated near Shimla in the Indian state of Himachal Pradesh.It is located at a distance of 361 km from Delhi and can be easily reached by road or rail.
- What is Fagu famous for?: Sitting atop the breathtaking landscape of Shimla, it is renowned for its snow-filled winters and extraordinary views.
- Best time to visit Fagu: October, November, December, February, and April are the best months to visit Fagu.
If you’re looking for an unparalleled way to commune with nature, then a visit to Jim Corbett National Park in Kumaon is a perfect choice. As you camp amidst the serene jungles, it’s almost as if you were living through one of renowned hunter Corbett’s shikar stories right before your eyes!
You can choose from activities such as mountain biking and trekking that will have to take your breath away with their incredible view or opt for paragliding over the sun-kissed Himalayas and the valleys below — whatever sparks joy within you. Here at Jim Corbett National Park, there truly is something special around every corner!
- How to reach Kumaon?:Kumaon is located 372 km away from Delhi, so the best way to reach Kumaon is to take a road trip.
- What is Kumaon famous for?: Kumaon is renowned for its delightful weather and breathtaking natural beauty.
- Best time to visit Kumaon: October to December and March to May is the best time to visit Kumaon.
Journey to Mukteshwar, the picturesque hill town near Delhi where adventurers come alive trying out rock climbing, rappelling, and other adventurous activities. As you get closer to the amazing mountain range of the Himalayas, be enthralled by its majestic beauty.
Make your camping even more delightful with a mesmerizing bonfire night surrounded by forestry workshops and endless cups of tea!
- How to reach Mukteshwar, Nainital?Mukteshwar, Nainital is located 344 kilometers from Delhi. The easiest way to reach Mukteshwar, Nainital is by road.
- What is Mukteshwar famous for?: Mukteshwar is famous for rock climbing, rappelling, and many more adventure sports.
- Best time to visit Mukteshwar: You can visit Mukteshwar at any time of the year.
Binsar Near Almora
If you’re looking for a tranquil escape, this camp 380 kilometers from Delhi is the perfect destination. Situated near Kedarnath, Nanda Devi, Nanda Kot, and Panchachuli, visitors will be able to take in majestic panoramic views of lush forests teeming with an array of wildlife including birds and beautiful flowers.
- How to reach Binsar near Almora?The town of Binsar near Almora is a great tourist destination located at a distance of 380 km from Delhi. The most convenient way to reach Binsar is via road. You can drive to Binsar from Delhi or take an overnight bus, depending on your preference and budget.
- What is Binsar famous for? Binsar offers an awe-inspiring sight of the majestic Himalayas that will take your breath away.
- Best time to visit Binsar: With temperatures that stay pleasantly moderate regardless of season or time of year; visiting here promises to be not only refreshing but also incredibly enjoyable!
Camping gives us an opportunity to explore many different places and experience new adventures. With the 16 best camping spots near Delhi, you get a great chance to unwind in the lap of nature, witness spectacular views and have great life experiences.
FAQs(Frequently Asked Questions)
The best camping places near Delhi include the Himalayas, Mussoorie; Naukuchiatal; Fagu near Shimla; Kumaon, Uttarakhand; Mukteshwar, Nainital, and Binsar Near Almora.
At camping places near Delhi, you can enjoy trekking, rafting, valley crossing, bird watching, angling, paragliding, rowing, paddling, and yachting. You can also partake in activities such as rock climbing and rappelling.
Most of the camping sites offer accommodation options such as tents, cabins, or lodges. You can check with each individual site to find out what kind of accommodation they offer.
You can expect to see an array of birds, mammals, and other wildlife depending on the site you choose. Some popular species include leopards, tigers, elephants, deer, nilgai, and more. For bird lovers, you may also spot some rare species like pheasants or quails.