Are you looking for a refreshing escape from the city life in Pune? Look no further than the breathtaking waterfalls that are just a short drive away. From cascading sheets of water to serene pools nestled in the hills, the waterfalls near Pune offer a variety of scenic experiences for nature lovers.
Don’t Miss Out! Join Us
Amazing Waterfalls Near Pune
Waterfalls Near Pune Within 100 Km
The Wadeshwar Waterfalls near Pune is a one of the waterfalls near Pune known for its serene surroundings and breathtaking views. Nestled amidst the lush green forests of the Sahyadri mountain range, this waterfall is a must-visit destination for nature lovers and adventure enthusiasts alike.
- How to reach Wadeshwar Waterfalls? If you are traveling from Pune, the best way to reach the waterfall is by car. It is 52 km from Pune. You can rent a car or hire a taxi from Pune to the waterfall. Alternatively, if you prefer public transportation, you can take a bus from Pune to Narayangaon and then hire a taxi to take you to the waterfall.
- Places nearby to visit Wadeshwar Waterfalls: Wadeshwar Waterfalls is surrounded by several other popular tourist destinations that you can visit during your trip. Some of the places you can explore includes Ozar Ganpati Temple, Bhimashankar Wildlife Sanctuary and Shivneri Fort.
- Best time to visit Wadeshwar Waterfalls: Wadeshwar Waterfalls are at their most beautiful from June to September, which is monsoon season.
Credit:On a Cheap Trip
Second on the list of waterfalls near Pune is a privately owned waterfall is located close to Pune.The Jagtap waterfall is a secure waterfall where both ladies and children may enjoy it and make waterfall memories.
- How to reach Jagtap waterfall? Jagtap waterfall is 52 km away from Pune you can reach by crore you can take a bus from Pune to Saswad and then hire a taxi or auto-rickshaw to reach Jagtap waterfall.
- Places nearby to visit Jagtap waterfall: Once you reach Jagtap waterfall, you can also explore the nearby places like Purandar fort,Jejuri temple and Shaniwar Wada Palace.
- Best time to visit Jagtap waterfall: The best time to visit Jagtap Waterfall is from October to February when the weather is pleasant, and the waterfall is in full glory.
The Bhaje Waterfalls is one of the most visited waterfalls near Pune, are the ideal complement to the natural splendour of the old Bhaje Caves, which are located close to Pune. It is located next to the final of these 22 second-century rock-cut caverns and is one of the most visited waterfalls near Pune city.
- How to reach Bhaje Waterfalls? Bhaje Waterfalls is 61 Km form Pune To get there from Pune, you can take a bus or hire a taxi. The drive takes around 2 hours. Nearest bus stand is Lonavala.
- Places nearby to visit Bhaje Waterfalls: One of the most popular attractions is the Lonavala Cave, which is just a 30-minute drive away. The cave is a series of Buddhist rock-cut caves that date back to the 2nd century BC.
- Best time to visit Bhaje Waterfalls: The best time to visit Bhaje Waterfalls is during the monsoon season, which lasts from June to September.
Imagine yourself surrounded by lush greenery, the sound of water cascading down the rocks, and the fresh mountain air. This is what you can expect when you visit Thokarwadi Waterfalls,
- How to reach Thokarwadi Waterfalls? Thokarwadi Waterfalls is located in the Sahyadri mountain range which is 66 km from Pune.The best way to reach the falls is by driving or hiring a taxi from Pune.
- Places nearby to visit Thokarwadi Waterfalls: Thokarwadi Waterfalls is not the only attraction in the area. There are several other places nearby that are worth a visit like Lonavala, Kune Falls and Karla Caves.
- Best time to visit Thokarwadi Waterfalls: The best time to visit Thokarwadi Waterfalls is during the monsoon season (June to September).
Suggested Read: Best Resorts For Corporate Outings Near Pune
In the Lonavala and Khandala valleys in the Pune region of Maharashtra, the Kune Falls are a well-known waterfall. It has three tiers and rises a total of 200 metres, making it the fourteenth-tallest waterfall in India and also one of the most famous waterfalls near Pune.
- How to reach Kune Waterfalls: The distance from Pune to Kune Waterfalls is approximately 70 km, and it takes around 2 hours to reach the destination by road. The nearest bus stand is Lonavala.
- Places nearby to visit Kune Waterfalls: It is not the only attraction in the Lonavala region. There are several places nearby that you can explore Lonavala, Lohagad Fort, and Rajmachi Fort.
- Best time to visit Kune Waterfalls: The best time to visit Kune Waterfalls is during the monsoon season, which is from June to September.
Khandi Waterfall is a hidden gem that’s worth the journey. Whether you’re a nature lover, adventure seeker, or history buff, there’s something for everyone in this area.
- How to reach Khandi Waterfall? Khandi waterfall distance from Pune is 71 Km. From Pune, you can take a private car or hire a taxi to reach Khandi Waterfall. The drive takes approximately 2 hours, depending on traffic and road conditions.
- Places to visit nearby Khandi Waterfall: It is not the only attraction in the area. If you have time, there are several other places worth exploring nearby like Bhaja Caves, Kamshet. You can do paragliding at Kamshet which is 40 km from Khnadi Waterfall.
- Best time to visit Khandi Waterfall: The monsoon season is the ideal time to see Khandi Waterfall.
Tamhini Ghat Waterfalls
Credit: Treks And Trails
Tamhini Ghat’s captivating Tamhini Waterfalls are its most well-known draw. These waterfalls, which are often referred to as the Valse, drop from a considerable height and create a pool at the bottom.
- How to reach Tamhini Waterfalls? It is 73 km from Pune. The easiest way to reach Tamhini Waterfalls is by road. You can take a bus, taxi or drive yourself. You can also take a bike ride to the waterfall if you are an adventure enthusiast.
- Places nearby to visit Tamhini Waterfalls: Some of the places nearby to visit Tamhini Waterfalls are Bhira Dam,Diveagar Beach.
- Best time to visit Tamhini Waterfalls: The best time to visit Tamhini Waterfalls is during the monsoon season. The waterfall is at its full glory during this time and offers a breathtaking view.
Credit: Hindustan Times
Devkund is a waterfall that plunges to the ground and empties into a sizable pool on the rocky foundation below. Due to its breathtaking beauty and convenient accessibility, it has grown to be one of the most well-liked picnic areas around Pune for thrill seekers.
- How to reach Devkund Falls? It is located in Bhira village, which is 99 km from Pune. The best way to reach the falls is by hiring a private cab or driving yourself.
- Places nearby to visit Devkund Falls: A few places you can add to your itinerary include Tamhini Ghat, Kundalika River,Bhira Dam.
- Best time to visit Devkund Falls: The best time to visit Devkund Falls is during the monsoon season
Suggested Read: Waterfalls near Mumbai Pune Highway
Waterfalls Near Pune Within 200 Km
Vajrai Waterfall, also known as Bhambavli Vajrai Waterfall, is a perennial cascade with three levels. It is a hiker’s paradise and descends from a height of 853 feet, providing a breathtaking view to observers.
- How to reach Vajrai Waterfall? The best way to reach the waterfall is by car or bike, as public transport options are limited.It is 114 Km away from Pune. Once you reach the village of Bhambavli, you will need to park your vehicle and trek the remaining 1.5 km to the waterfall.
- Places nearby to visit Vajrai Waterfall: You can visit the hill fort of Rajgad, which was the capital of the Maratha Empire during the reign of Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj.
- Best time to visit Vajrai Waterfall: The best time to visit Vajrai Waterfall is during the monsoon season, which runs from June to September. During this time, the waterfall is in full flow, and the surrounding forests are lush and green.
Lingmala waterfall located in Mahabaleshwar is a stunning beauty that flows among pristine natural settings and rises to a height of 1278 metres. A small waterfall and a big waterfall are really blended into one, which is an interesting fact.
- How to reach Lingmala Waterfalls? The best way to reach Lingmala Waterfalls is by road. The waterfall is located about 117 km from Pune and can be accessed via the NH 48.
- Places nearby to visit Lingmala Waterfalls: If you’re planning a visit to Lingmala Waterfalls, there are several other places nearby that you can explore. Mahabaleshwar, a popular hill station, is located just a few kilometers away and is known for its scenic beauty and pleasant climate
- Best time to visit Lingmala Waterfalls: The best time to visit Lingmala Waterfalls is during the monsoon season, which starts in June and lasts until September.
Chinaman Waterfall thunderously roars down 500 feet, shattering the quiet of the surroundings. This waterfall’s singular beauty comes from the manner that it begins as two independent streams that eventually combine halfway down the drop to produce one massive fall that crashes into a deep valley.
- How to reach Chinaman Waterfall? The distance from Pune to the Chinaman Waterfall is approximately 118 km. The best way to reach the Chinaman Waterfall is by hiring a private cab or driving yourself. You can also take a state transport bus from Pune to Bhandardara
- Places nearby to visit Chinaman Waterfall: There are several places nearby that you can visit while you are at the Chinaman Waterfall. Some of the popular places are Wilson Dam, Bhandardara Lake,Kalsubai Peak
- Best time to visit Chinaman Waterfall: From June through September, which is the monsoon season, is the greatest time to see Chinaman Waterfall.
The Thoseghar Waterfalls may not be the highest or most ferocious falls in the country. This magnificent waterfall is made up of a series of cascades that range in height from 15 to 200 metres.
- How to reach Thoseghar Waterfalls? To reach Thoseghar Waterfalls, you can take a bus or drive from Pune. The drive takes approximately three hours and is 140 km from Pune, and it is recommended that you start early in the morning to avoid traffic.
- Places nearby to visit Thoseghar Waterfalls: Sajjangad Fort,Koyna Wildlife Sanctuary and Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Museum in Satara are some of they nearby places to visit.
- Best time to visit Thoseghar Waterfalls: The finest time to visit is during the monsoon season,from August to October. During this time, the region’s vegetation and animals bloom along with a variety of lovely flowers.
Suggested Read: Most Popular Places To Visit In Pune 2023
When the rains arrive, Kataldhar comes to life and shines. Although the waterfall is only a trickle for the majority of the year, it becomes breathtakingly beautiful and massive during the rainy season.
- How to reach Kataldhar Waterfalls? It is 170 km away from Pune you can easily reach by car. Nearest bus stop is Lonavala.
- Places to visit nearby Kataldhar Waterfalls: While visiting Kataldhar Waterfalls, there are several other places one can explore in the vicinity like Karla caves, villages of Kondhane and Kusur and Rajmachi fort
- Best time to visit Kataldhar Waterfalls: The monsoon season, which lasts from June to September, is the ideal time to explore Kataldhar Waterfalls.
Don’t Miss Out! Join Us
After exploring the most stunning waterfalls near Pune, it’s safe to say that Maharashtra is home to some of the most breathtaking natural wonders in India. From the towering heights of Thoseghar Waterfalls to the mesmerizing beauty of Chinaman Waterfall, each of these cascading wonders has its unique charm and allure.
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
During the monsoon season, the area around Pune becomes a haven for nature lovers and adventure enthusiasts. Some of the best waterfalls near Pune in monsoon are:
Dudhsagar waterfalls is the biggest waterfalls in Pune.
Not recommended. The ghat roads still need to be repaired. Bad roads and no lights will be an issue at night.
It is well-known for its gorgeous surroundings, which include multiple flowing waterfalls, lakes, and lush forests. It is located on the top of the Western Ghat mountain ranges.