If you are planning to travel by road on the Mumbai-Pune Highway and think that the road trip would be but a series of repetitive terrain? Well, you are in for a treat because, on the Mumbai-Pune Highway, you will find some of the most majestic waterfalls. Lets take a look at 14 Waterfall Near Mumbai-Pune Highway For An Ideal Picnic.
Magnificent waterfalls near Mumbai-Pune Highway
Waterfall Near Mumbai-Pune Highway
Tucked in the beautiful and serene weekend getaway near Mumbai, Lonavala. Kune Waterfall is a waterfall near Mumbai- Pune highway that can be visible from the Highway. And if you want to take a closer look, you can take the Della adventure road.
To get to the base of the waterfall, you must hike down a few kilometers through the bewildering and quiet densely forested woodland to see the 200-meter-tall waterfall near Lonavala up close.
- How to reach Kune Waterfall?: Kune waterfall can be viewed from the Mumbai-Pune Highway on the Lonavala Bypass.
- Why is Kune Waterfall famous?: Kune Waterfalls is the 14th highest waterfall in the country. This is a fascinating three-tiered waterfall with a total height of 200m.
- What are the places to visit nearby Kune Waterfall: Imagicaa, Lohagad Fort, and Karla Caves are some of the places to visit nearby Kune Waterfall.
Kund Mala Waterfall
Kundmala Waterfall is a beautiful waterfall near Dehu Road on the old Mumbai-Pune Highway. In the rainy season, when the source water from the Indrayani River overflows the dam it is a sight to behold. The scenic view spans between 300 and 400 meters and is a visual delight for those wishing to make a stop at the little waterfall near Dehu Road.
There is a paved section of the river that is 5 feet deep where people can swim. It makes a great picnic spot near the highway.
- How to reach Kundmala Waterfall?: It is a waterfall near Dehu Road. To reach Kundmala waterfall from the old Mumbai-Pune highway has to look out for Ghoradeshwar and then turn right to Begdewadi railway station. From there it is only about a kilometer away.
- Why is Kundmala Waterfall famous?: It is a beautiful waterfall near Dehu road which makes for a suitable picnic spot near Mumbai-Pune Highway.
- What are the places to visit nearby Kundmala waterfall: Kund Mala Temple, Kund Mala bridge, and Kund Mala Talegaon Dabhade are some of the places to visit nearby Kundmala Waterfall.
Zenith waterfall is a beautiful waterfall near Mumbai Pune Highway and can be easily accessed via the highway. This waterfall is well connected by road through the Mumbai-Pune highway. Cars can be parked in the forest’s small open area.
If you want to take a closer look at the waterfall, this waterfall is a 15-20 minute trek through the jungle.
- How to reach Zenith Waterfall?: Zenith Waterfall is situated in Kopoli which is adjacent to the Mumbai-Pune Highway. From Kopoli, this waterfall is only 4-10 minutes away.
- Why is Zenith Waterfall famous?: Zenith waterfall is a scenic picnic spot near Mumbai, in Kopoli.
- What are the places to visit nearby Zenith Waterfall: Khopoli dam, Karjat, and Lonavala are some of the places to visit nearby Zenith Waterfall
Waterfall Near Lonavala
Kataldhar is a magnificent waterfall in Lonavala that provides an excellent escape from the chaos of city life. The scenic beauty of the area is sure to impress any nature lover. The waterfall is located approximately 6.5 kilometers from the Lonavala market.
Because the waterfall is dangerous due to its steep terrain and slippery rocks, it should only be visited by experienced hikers.
Kataldhar waterfall is a great picnic spot in Lonavala to spend some quality time with their loved ones.
- How to reach Kataldhar waterfall?: Located near Rajmachi Fort, one has to cross first Mumbai – Pune highway and take the exit to Rajmachi Fort, to get a closer look one has to trek to the waterfall.
- Why is Kataldhar waterfall famous?: It is one of the toughest waterfalls treks in Maharashtra and because of that only seasoned trekkers are advised to undertake the journey.
- What are the places to visit nearby Kataldhar waterfall: Rajmachi Fort is one of the closest places to visit neat Kataldhar Waterfall. Other places include Manaranjan Fort, Della Adventure Park, Bungee Jumping spot Lonavala, Valvan Dam, Tiger’s Leap, Tungarli Dam, and many more.
Reverse Waterfall is a phenomenon that occurs at Kune Falls during the monsoon season. The wind pressure is so strong at the very top of the waterfall that the water starts to be carried away in the direction of the wind causing the illusion of a reverse waterfall.
This phenomenon can be seen in the monsoon season on the Mumbai-Pune Highway.
- How to reach Reverse Waterfall?: The waterfall is about 2 kilometers from Lonavala.
State buses run frequently from Lonavala to Junnar, from which Naneghat is a short walk. You can also take a 40-minute drive from Lonavala to the Reverse Waterfall via the Mumbai-Pune motorway.
- Why is Reverse Waterfall famous?: Reverse Waterfall is a famous spot in Lonavala. Because of the high wind pressure, the water appears to flow back upwards, creating an ethereal effect.
- What are the places to visit nearby Reverse Waterfall: Kune Falls, Lonavala Lake Waterfall, and Della Adventure Park are some of the places to visit nearby Reverse Waterfall.
Bhivpuri Waterfall is a natural waterfall near Lonavala. The Bhivpuri Waterfall’s tranquil surroundings and amazing environment make it ideal for a nature walk, especially during the rainy season. However, the location isn’t just about natural beauty; it’s also about adventure. A thrilling waterfall rappelling adventure will pump up your adrenaline.
It is also a popular spot for trekking in Lonavala.
- How to reach Bhivpuri Waterfall?: Bhivpuri station is the closest railway station to the waterfall. Since it is only 10 minutes from the station you can take an autorickshaw to the waterfall.
- Why is Bhivpuri Waterfall famous?: The beautiful Bhivpuri Waterfalls, which stand over 20 feet tall, are part of the well-known trek circuit many adventurers seek.
- What are the places to visit nearby Bhivpuri Waterfall: Louisa Point, Neral-Matheran Toy Train, and Charlotte Lake are some of the places to visit nearby Bhivpuri Waterfall.
Many secret waterfalls are seen in areas near the Thokarwadi Dam backwaters and Thokarwadi Waterfall is one of them. It is a wonderful waterfall near Lonavala in Manval area.
During the monsoon season, many of the waterfalls which remain dry during the arid season are filled with rain water and because of this 20 or more waterfalls can be seen parading down the mountains giving a breathtaking view.
- How to reach Thokarwadi Waterfall?: Thokarwadi waterfall is located just before Lonavala. Kanhe railway station is the nearest railway station. From Kanhe station to Khandi you can take the local bus (Talegaon – Khandi bus) and get off at Mau village.
- Why is Thokarwadi Waterfall famous?: Thokarwadi is a beautiful waterfall near Lonavala untouched by human activity
- What are the places to visit nearby Thokarwadi Waterfall: Bendewadi Waterfall, Lalwadi waterfall, and Khandi Waterfall are some of the places to visit nearby Thokarwadi Waterfall.
Tamhini waterfall is a beautiful waterfall near Lonavala which is formed by one water stream that splits into several streams as it falls into the pool.
A massive amount of water flushes out of the many rocks in the crevice of the mountains. It is the most beautiful place in Tamhini Ghat. While driving here, you will be greeted by small waterfalls before arriving at the final cascade.
- How to reach Tamhini Waterfall?: From Mumbai, you can take the Mumbai-Pune Highway towards Pune, and just before Lonavala take the first exit. It is a scenic drive through Aamby Valley to Tamhini
- Why is Tamhini Waterfall famous?: Tamhini Waterfall is one of the famous waterfalls near Pune along with Devkund Falls, Lingmala Waterfalls, Chinaman Waterfall, and Thoseghar Waterfalls.
- What are the places to visit nearby Tamhini Waterfall: Mulshi Dam, Devkund Waterfall, and Lonavala are some of the places to visit nearby Tamhini Waterfall.
Waterfalls Near Mumbai For One Day Picnic
Yeoor is one of the best waterfalls near Mumbai for one day picnic. Located in Thane, it is also the nearest waterfall to Mumbai at a distance of 27 km. It is the ideal place for picnics and adventurous activities such as trekking, birdwatching, and cycling. People also come here for nature photography as it is one of the luscious places near Mumbai.
Yeoor Hills has long been a favorite trekking and picnic spot for Mumbai residents. If you visit the hills, you can easily avoid the heat of Mumbai.
- How to reach Yeoor Waterfall?: From Thane Station, you can avail of buses to the waterfall. Regular buses run to and from the hills of Yeoor.
- Why is Yeoor Waterfall famous?: Yeoor is a hilly neighborhood in Thane, Maharashtra, India. It is located in the Sanjay Gandhi National Park and is popularly known as “Mumbai’s National Park” due to its panthers and wildlife.
- What are the places to visit nearby Yeoor Waterfall: Upvan Lake, Yeoor Hills, and Sanjay Gandhi National Park are some of the places to visit nearby Yeoor Waterfall.
Pandavkada Waterfall most famous waterfall near Mumbai and it is the second nearest waterfall to Mumbai after Yeoor. This waterfall is a popular picnic spot for people residing in Mumbai to rejuvenate themselves.
Pandavkada is a good option if you’re looking for the closest waterfall to Mumbai for a one-day picnic.
- How to reach Pandavkada Waterfall?: Pandavkada is located 46 kilometers from Mumbai on the Mumbai-Pune Highway. If traveling on the Highway, Visitors can exit at Kharghar.
- Why is Pandavkada Waterfall famous?: According to Hindu traditional legends., Pandavkada got its name from the Pandavas, who once visited the area and bathed below the falls while exiled in the forests
- What are the places to visit nearby Pandavkada Waterfall: Kharghar Hills, Dhobi Ghat, and Belapur Mango garden are some of the places to visit nearby Pandavkada Waterfall
Chinchoti is among the most beautiful waterfalls near Mumbai for one day picnic. It is a popular destination for those looking for a relaxing way to spend their weekend. It is a hot spot for Trekking as after trekking in the dense jungles, the sight of Chinchoti waterfall is a sight to behold.
This waterfall which falls from a height of 125 feet falls into a pool beneath creates a pool beneath which makes for the perfect picnic spot near Mumbai.
- How to reach Chinchoti waterfall?: The nearest bus stop to the Chinchoti waterfall in Nalasopara is a 5-minute walk away. The closest station to the Chinchoti waterfall is Sativali Phata, which is 370 meters away and a 5-minute walk away.
- Why is Chinchoti waterfall famous?: Chinchoti waterfall is a one-day ideal hilly trek that begins at Kaman village junction / Phata and is worth a monsoon picnic spot because it is so close to Mumbai.
- What are the places to visit nearby Chinchoti waterfall: Vasai Fort, Suraj Water Park, and The Great Escape Waterpark are some of the places to visit near Chinchoti Waterfall.
Vajrai waterfall is one of India’s highest falls and it is one of the best waterfalls near Mumbai for one day picnic. Though you can visit the waterfall at any time of year, the monsoon season sees the highest number of visitors. The cascading waterfall is exceptionally beautiful and powerful.
The Vajrai waterfall is located 29 kilometers from Satara town.
- How to reach Vajrai waterfall?: It is located 300 km away from Mumbai. If you are traveling by road you can take Mumbai-Pune Highway to Kaas Plateau. Or you can board a bus to Satara and then take a cab to Vajrai.
- Why is Vajrai waterfall famous?: The Bhambavli Vajrai Waterfall is one of India’s tallest waterfalls. With a height of 1840 feet, it is quite a sight to see the water gushing through a straight cliff with such force and vigor.
- What are the places to visit nearby Vajrai waterfall: Kaas Plateau, Koyna Wildlife Sanctuary, and Thoseghar Waterfall are some of the popular places to visit nearby Vajrai Waterfall.
Devkund Waterfall, located in Maharashtra’s Raigad district, is a popular picnic spot. It is a type of plunge waterfall that falls from a massive rock, providing visitors with breathtaking views.
It is a ‘plunge’ waterfall that pours massive amounts of water onto the rocky surface below. It is one of the popular waterfalls near Mumbai for one day picnic and trekking is a popular activity to reach Devkund Waterfall.
You can check out our Devkund Waterfall trek for an exciting monsoon trek.
- How to reach Devkund Waterfall?: The 4.5 km trek from Bhira village is the most popular and possibly the only way to reach the Devkund waterfall. To get to Bhira, first, drive to Karjat, then to Pali, and finally to Bhira.
- Why is Devkund Waterfall famous?: It is a beautiful plunge waterfall that is an ideal location for a one-day picnic near Mumbai.
- What are the places to visit nearby Devkund Waterfall: Shaniwar Wada, Della Adventure Park, and Raja Dinkar Kelkar Museum are some of the places nearby Devkund Waterfall
Thoseghar Waterfalls is a great picnic spot. The waterfall, which is approximately 500 meters high, provides a tranquil setting for a pleasant day out in nature.
It would be totally worthwhile to take your family and friends on this trip because this waterfall is regarded as one of the best waterfalls near Mumbai for a one-day picnic.
- How to reach Thoseghar Waterfall?: Thoseghar Falls is easily accessible by road, with both public and private transportation options. It is only 290 kilometers from Mumbai. There are regular bus services from Mumbai to Satara. Bus services and rickshaws are available from Satara to Thoseghar Falls.
- Why is Thoseghar Waterfall famous?: Thoseghar Falls is a famous picnic spot near Mumbai. There is a picnic area as well as a newly built platform with a good view of the waterfall.
- What are the places to visit nearby Thoseghar Waterfall: Kas Plateau, Sajjangad, and Kaas Lake are some of the places to visit nearby Thoseghar Waterfall
We have come to the end of the article “14 Beautiful Waterfall Near Mumbai-Pune Highway”, there are many ways to make a road trip exciting and with these hidden waterfalls near Mumbai-Pune Highway any road trip can turn into a memorable one. Happy Traveling!
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
The best time to visit Lonavala is during the monsoon season when the waterfalls and the area surrounding the waterfall come alive. The rain makes the trip spellbinding. However, you can plan your trip during the summer because the temperature in the hill station is pleasant. Lonavala’s winters are mild, with temperatures ranging from 11 to 25 degrees Celsius. For this reason, it also makes for a nice winter vacation destination.
Kune Falls is the most easily viewable waterfall on the Mumbai-Pune Highway. Kune Falls, falling right between Lonavala and Khandala on the old Mumbai-Pune highway, provide a beautiful contrast of blue and green.
Here is a list of waterfalls closest to Mumbai which makes for a great one-day picnic spot near Mumbai:
1. Yeoor Waterfall (27 km from Mumbai)
2. Pandavkada Falls (30 km from Mumbai)
3. Chinchoti Waterfall (60 km from Mumbai)
4. Bhagirath Falls (66 km from Mumbai)
6. Vangani Waterfall (68 km from Mumbai)
7. Bhivpuri Waterfalls (80 km from Mumbai)
8. Kune Falls (82 km from Mumbai)
9. Vihigaon Waterfall (125 km from Mumbai)
10. Malshej Falls (126 km from Mumbai)
Vihigaon Waterfall, Igatpuri. At this stunning waterfall in Igatpuri, a broad stream of water cascades down the hillside and collects in a small pool at the base of the mountain — making it the perfect spot to play and relax. If this enchanting place seems familiar, you might remember it from the 2001 movie Ashoka.
Waterfalls around Pune:
Bhivpuri waterfall, Lingmala waterfall, Umbrella waterfall, Dudhsagar waterfall, Kune waterfall, Vajrai waterfall, Dugarwadi waterfall, Thoseghar waterfall, Vihigaon waterfall, Dabhosa waterfall, Chinaman’s waterfall, Devkund waterfall, Madhe Ghat waterfall, Zenith waterfall.