Pune is a place for young and old, all to enjoy. It is famous as a city of education and heritage but today we are going to look at Pune as a gateway to many beautiful picnic spots. So, set yourself up for a rollercoaster ride to the best picnic spots near Pune for families and couples.
Take A Look At The Enjoyable Picnic Spots Near Pune
Picnic Spots Near Pune Within 50 Km
Okayama Friendship Garden
Okayama Friendship Garden is also known as the P.L. Deshpande Udyan. This garden is studded with flowers, lush greenery, a water canal with some unique fishes, and a replica of the Mughal garden.
Okayama Friendship Garden is a splendid picnic spot in Pune for families and couples. Okayama Friendship Garden is an ideal picnic spot for a day picnic for all.
- How to reach Okayama Friendship Garden from Pune? The best way to reach Okayama Friendship Garden is by bus in Pune. The nearest bus stop for this garden is P.L.Deshpande udyan. You can travel in a private vehicle, hire an auto rickshaw or cab too in Pune to reach the garden. For outstation travelers, Pune has its own airport and railway station from where you can hire a taxi to reach Okayama Friendship Garden.
- What is Okayama Friendship Garden famous for? Okayama Friendship Garden is built in a unique and traditional Japanese gardening style. It has a beautiful canal water structure built into it. It is a perfect way to enjoy a day picnic for a family with children and couples to appreciate the garden’s beauty.
- Best time to visit Okayama Friendship Garden in Pune: The best time to visit Okayama Friendship Garden is from September to March.
Rajiv Gandhi Zoological Park
Rajiv Gandhi Zoological Park in Pune is an awesome picnic spot for families. Children can enjoy a thrilling picnic experience at the Rajiv Gandhi Zoological park.
It has a great collection of wild and unique creatures. The flora and fauna of this place is wonderful.
- How to reach Rajiv Gandhi Zoological Park from Pune? You can reach Rajiv Gandhi Zoological park in Pune by autorickshaw, taxi, bus, or a private vehicle by road. Pune is well connected by railway and airway for outstation travelers. Once you are in Pune you can opt for local road transport to reach Rajiv Gandhi Zoological park in Pune.
- What is Rajiv Gandhi Zoological park famous for? Rajiv Gandhi Zoological park is famous for snakes, cobras, tigers, tortoises, bears, and more. A picnic at Rajiv Gandhi Zoological park for children can be a learning experience too. Families should visit Rajiv Gandhi Zoological park as it is a very good one day picnic spot in Pune.
- Best time to visit Rajiv Gandhi Zoological park: The best time to visit Rajiv Gandhi Zoological park is from November to March.
- Empress Botanical Garden
Empress Botanical Garden is a beautiful day picnic spot for families and couples. There are unique and wonderful plants, flowers, and birds and an exciting flower show takes place every year at this place.
Empress Botanical Garden can be one of the best picnic spots for children as they would enjoy watching the natural resources exhibited in this garden.
- How to reach Empress Botanical Garden from Pune? The best way to reach Empress Botanical Garden is by road. You can travel in a private vehicle, or hire a taxi or auto rickshaw to reach the Empress Botanical Garden in Pune. Buses are also available in Pune for local travel. Pune can be reached by air and railway for outstation travelers.
- What is Empress Botanical Garden famous for? The Empress Botanical Garden is famous for its trees, shrubs, flowers, creepers, canopies, roses, dahlias, and more. The Buds and Blooms flower show is very popular and a must-visit event at the Empress Botanical Garden in Pune.
- Best time to visit Empress Botanical Garden: The best time to visit Empress Botanical Garden is from August to May. For the Buds and Blooms flower show you can visit this garden around January.
Kamshet is a panoramic hilly place. It is one of the best picnic spots near Pune for family and couples. It is very close to Pune, and is popular for paragliding.
You can also enjoy beautiful landscapes, photography, and delicious food in Kamshet.
- How to reach Kamshet from Pune? The best way to reach Kamshet is to take a train from Pune and reach Lonavala railway station. From Lonavala, you can hire a cab or an autorickshaw to reach Kamshet. The nearest airport to reach Kamshet is Pune airport. You can hire a taxi to reach Kamshet from Pune airport.
- What is Kamshet famous for? Kamshet is famous for paragliding. Shinde Wadi Hills is the popular take-off venue for paragliding in Kamshet. Kamshet is a popular picnic spot for families and couples.
- Best time to visit Kamshet: The best time to visit Kamshet is from October to March.
Jejuri is a mesmerizing and divine place near Pune. It is a must-visit place for all.
You can visit Jejuri for the Jejuri temple. Jejuri-Khandoba temple is very unique. You will notice that the moment you step in Jejuri or the temple you will see turmeric powder spilled everywhere.
Turmeric is considered highly auspicious by the disciples of this deity. Jejuri is one of the best picnic spots for families and couples to seek blessings and enjoy a divine time.
- How to reach Jejuri from Pune? The best way to reach Jejuri is by road from Pune. You can drive in your own vehicle, taxi or travel in a bus to reach Jejuri from Pune. For those coming by flight or train, Pune airport and railway station offer cab service to help you reach Jejuri.
- What is Jejuri famous for? Jejuri is famous for the Jejuri-Khandoba temple. Remember to wear decent clothes on your visit to the temple. Jejuri is famous for the turmeric splashing and spilling as offered for the deity. Souvenir shopping can be enjoyed near the temple.
- Best time to visit Jejuri: The best time to visit Jejuri is from November to February.
Picnic Spots Near Pune Within 100 Km
Lonavala is a favourite picnic spot near Pune for many. Lonavala is a cool hill station.
The weather in Lonavala is pleasant all year long. Couples and families can enjoy one day picnics as well as longer stays in Lonavala.
Lonavala is famous for its cool climate, wax museums, luxury hotels, water resorts, sweets and confectionery and a lot more.
- How to reach Lonavala from Pune? The best way to reach Lonavala from Pune is by road. You can hire a taxi, take a bus, or drive your own vehicle to reach Lonavala from Pune. For budget travel, you can board a train from Pune to Lonavala. The nearest airport to reach Lonavala is Pune International Airport.
- What is Lonavala famous for? Lonavala is famous for Bhushi Dam, Duke’s Nose, Tikona Fort, Pawna Lake, Lohagad Fort and celebrity Wax Museums.
- Best time to visit Lonavala: The best time to visit Lonavala is from November to March.
Khandala is another beautiful hill station near Pune perfect as a picnic spot for families and couples. It is also a great alternative for a day picnic.
Khandala is endowed with natural beauty. Khandala is home to beautiful hills, waterfalls, forts, lush greenery and more.
- How to reach Khandala from Pune?: You can reach Khandala from Pune by road in a bus, taxi or a private vehicle. If you are taking a flight to reach Khandala then the nearest airport is Pune airport. From the airport, you can hire a taxi to reach Khandala.
- What is Khandala famous for?: Khandala is famous for Rajmachi Fort, Rajmachi Garden, Kune waterfalls, Lohagad Fort, and Tiger’s Leap.
- Best time to visit Khandala: The best time to visit Khandala is from June to March.
Pawna Lake is a great place for camping near Pune. Moreover, Pawna Lake can be a cool picnic spot for families and couples. With a picturesque landscape, Pawna Lake is a must-visit picnic spot near Pune for all.
There are also amazing camping activities and sightseeing that can be done at Pawna Lake.
- How to reach Pawna Lake from Pune? The best way to reach Pawna Lake from Pune is by road via Lonavala or Kamshet. You can drive in your own vehicle, hire a taxi or take a bus from Pune to Kamshet or Pawna. Alternatively, you can travel by train from Pune to Lonavala or Kamshet railway stations and then hire a taxi to reach Pawna Lake. For air travel, the nearest airport to reach Pawna Lake is Pune International Airport. From Pune airport, you can hire a taxi to reach Pawna Lake.
- What is Pawna Lake famous for? Pawna lake has a beautiful landscape suitable for picnics, camping, photography, watersports, and more. Tikona Fort, Visapur Fort, and Tung Fort are well-known as day picnic spots near Pawna Lake.
- Best time to visit Pawna Lake: The best time to visit Pawna Lake is from November to March. Winter is the best season to enjoy a picnic at Pawna Lake.
You can enjoy a luxury stay in a camp or hotel to enjoy a 2 day picnic with your family or partner.
People Also Read: 15 Luxury Weekend Getaways From Pune
Lavasa is an awesome picnic spot for a family and a couple. Lavasa is a cool planned city and a total entertainer for all.
Lavasa offers you chances to indulge in watersports, Bamboo creations, sightseeing, dams and more.
- How to reach Lavasa from Pune? The best way to reach Lavasa from Pune is by road. You can hire a taxi, or drive in a private vehicle to reach Lavasa from Pune.
- What is Lavasa famous for? Lavasa is famous for watersports, Bamboosa, Temghar Dam, Lavasa Nature Trail, lakeside restaurants to satiate your hunger pangs, Dasvino Town Country Club, and bird watching at Dasve Viewpoint.
- Best time to visit Lavasa: The best time to visit Lavasa is from October to March.
Karla And Bhaja Caves
Karla and Bhaja caves are a fascinating picnic spot for the whole family. Couples can also enjoy a day picnic at these caves.
You will be impressed by the Indian rock-cut caves of Karla. The sculptures are amazing.
The place is peaceful and relaxing. So, Karla caves along with Bhaja caves, Patan Buddhist caves and Bedse caves are wonderful day picnic spots for families and couples to enjoy.
- How to reach Karla and Bhaja caves from Pune? The best way to reach Karla-Bhaja caves from Pune is by road. You can hire a taxi, travel in a bus or drive a private vehicle to reach Karla-Bhaja caves. The nearest railway station to reach Karla-Bhaja caves is Lonavala station. You can hire a taxi from Lonavala to reach Karla-Bhaja caves. The nearest airport for visiting Karla-Bhaja caves is Pune International Airport.
- What are Karla and Bhaja caves famous for? Karla and Bhaja caves are a historical entity. The Buddhist culture-based sculptures are amazing at Karla and Bhaja caves. You can also enjoy food and local sightseeing around the caves on a day picnic.
- Best time to visit Karla and Bhaja caves: The best time to visit Karla and Bhaja caves is from September to March.
Picnic Spots Near Pune Within 150 Km
Mahabaleshwar is a stunning hill station near Pune which can be an awesome picnic spot for couples and families all year long.
Mahabaleshwar is well known for strawberries, Mapro jam factory, cool climate, beautiful hotels and accommodations with delicious food and lots of sweet desserts.
- How to reach Mahabaleshwar from Pune?: The best way to reach Mahabaleshwar from Pune is by road. Drive in your own vehicle or hire a taxi from Pune to reach Mahabaleshwar in Satara. You can also travel in local and private buses from Pune to reach Mahabaleshwar. The nearest airport to reach Mahabaleshwar is Pune International Airport. From the airport, you can hire a taxi to reach Mahabaleshwar.
- What is Mahabaleshwar famous for? Mahabaleshwar is a heaven on earth. It is an ideal picnic spot for couples and families. Mahabaleshwar is filled with scenic beauty and famous tourist spots. From Wilson point, Elphinstone point, Pratapgad fort, Elephant-head point, Venna Lake, Arthur’s seat, Mahabaleshwar Temple, to Mapro jam factory, strawberry farms, restaurants to relish strawberry delights like ice creams, shakes, smoothies and much more are all a must-try.
- Best time to visit Mahabaleshwar: The best time to visit Mahabaleshwar is from October to March.
Bhimashankar is a picturesque place and has the famous Bhimashankar temple. A day picnic to Bhimashankar can be your unique way to enjoy a beautiful time near Pune.
It is good to visit Bhimashankar for a relaxing day picnic near Pune. After a tranquil and peaceful visit to Bhimashankar temple, you can spend some time with the natural beauty around this temple.
- How to reach Bhimashankar from Pune? Best way to reach Bhimashankar from Pune is by road. Traveling in a private vehicle or taxi to reach Bhimashankar from Pune is highly recommended.
- What is Bhimashankar famous for? Bhimashankar Shiva temple is famous for its Nagara-style architecture, unique structures at the temple, beautiful river Bhima and the flora and fauna in the surroundings, the hilly picturesque landscape can all give you a relaxing experience.
- Best time to visit Bhimashankar near Pune: The best time to visit Bhimashankar near Pune is from November to February. This place may also look mesmerizing with lush greenery and pleasant climate during the monsoon months from July till September.
Kaas Plateau is a beautiful seasonal picnic spot for families and couples. Kaas Plateau gets studded with unique flowers post-monsoon.
The view of the Kaas Plateau with its flowers is splendid. You can enjoy a day picnic at Kaas Plateau during the blossom.
- How to reach Kaas Plateau from Pune? The best way to enjoy a picnic to travel to Kaas Plateau from Pune is by road. You can hire a taxi or drive in a private vehicle to reach Kaas Plateau, Satara from Pune. If you have a big family or group you can hire a bus from Pune to reach Kaas Plateau. Another convenient and budget-friendly way to reach Kaas Plateau from Pune is by train. There are Pune-Satara trains available regularly. From Satara station, you can hire an auto rickshaw or taxi to reach Kaas Plateau.
- What is Kaas Plateau famous for? Kaas Plateau is famous for the seasonal floral spread on the plateau, lake Kaas, forts Sajjangad and Ajinkyatara, and the waterfalls of Vajrai, Thoseghar and Ekiv. All these beautiful entities at and around Kaas Plateau are mesmerizing.
- Best time to visit Kaas Plateau: Best time to visit Kaas Plateau is during the blossom from August to November.
Raigad is a famous fort at a driving distance from Pune. A visit to Fort Raigad is a great way to explore history and enjoy a day picnic with your family or partner.
Fort Raigad has a ropeway and the view during the ropeway ride is breathtaking. Once you reach fort Raigad the guides inform you about the history and importance of this monument.
The villagers offer food and healthy beverages for the visitors in the vicinity. The taste as well as the gesture both are just amazing.
- How to reach Raigad from Pune? Raigad can be reached from Pune by road. You can drive in your own vehicle or hire a taxi to reach the foothills of Raigad from Pune.
- What is Raigad famous for? Raigad is famous for Fort Raigad, Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj statue, Takmak Tok-point, and nearby beaches and temples of Raigad.
- Best time to visit Raigad: The best time to visit Fort Raigad is from November to February.
Alibaug is one of the best picnic spots near Pune for families and couples you must visit to enjoy.
You can enjoy a single day picnic or a longer stay at the beautiful beachside in Alibaug. Alibaug is a host to watersports, beautiful sunrises and sunsets at the beach, tempting seafood and a lot of aesthetic resorts.
- How to reach Alibaug from Pune? Alibaug can be reached from Pune via Panvel-Alibaug road-route. You can drive in a private vehicle, hire a taxi or even take a bus to Alibaug from Pune. Another interesting way to reach Alibaug is by ferry from Mumbai’s Gateway of India. For this, you can travel to Mumbai and then enjoy a ferry ride to Alibaug.
- What is Alibaug famous for? Alibaug is famous for beaches like Alibaug, Mandwa, Revas, Revdanda, and Nagaon. You can enjoy watersports at the beaches. Murud-Janjira, Kolaba Fort and Kankeshwar Temple are also worth visiting in Alibaug. Luxurious resorts and amazing food are the two other main attractions of Alibaug.
- Best time to visit Alibaug: The best time to visit Alibaug is from November to February.
Hope you liked reading about the best picnic spots near Pune for families and couples. Going on picnics is more fun with more people. So, plan a picnic near Pune with one and all today. It’s time to say, have lots of fun, together, on a picnic near Pune.
You may also like: 2 Days Trip Near Pune
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
Is it too hot near Pune during summer?
Yes, Pune during summer can be hot and it is preferable to plan your picnic near Pune during the winter or monsoon months.
Is Pune well connected with nearby places?
Pune is a great city. It has well connected roads and highways. You can also visit Pune by air and railway.
Is Pune suitable for picnics for couples?
Pune is a welcoming city. It caters to its visitors in all the ways it can. Couples can enjoy a splendid time in Pune because this city can give you the time for exploration, sightseeing, and relaxation.
Can children enjoy picnics in and around Pune?Pune and its nearby picnic spots are the best picnic spots for children. All in the family can enjoy picnic spots near Pune all year long.
Is Pune an expensive city?
Pune is a budget friendly city. It offers luxurious to pocket friendly options in most ways for all.