Beyond Mumbai lies a tapestry of adventure, spirituality, and natural beauty. From the mystic aura of Shirdi to the untamed rapids of Kolad, explore the best places to visit near Mumbai for 3 days. Let’s venture into the realm of discovery, where tales of wonder await.
Don’t Miss Out! Join Us
Discover Places To Visit Near Mumbai For 3 Days Trip
Top 10 Places To Explore For 3 days Trip Near Mumbai
Lonavala offers a perfect 3 days trip from Mumbai for couples, packed with activities beyond its relaxing vibe. Start your trip by exploring the lively local markets on day one. Try Lonavala’s famous Chikki and Walnut Fudge, known for their unique flavors.
For the next two days, embrace outdoor adventures. Visit Bhushi Dam, a serene spot by the waters, and enjoy thrilling activities like trekking, rappelling, and zip-lining. Don’t miss Kune Waterfalls, a refreshing natural retreat.
- How to reach Lonavala? Lonavala is easily accessible by road from Mumbai and Pune. It is approximately 88 km from Mumbai.
- What is Lonavala famous for? Lonavala is renowned for its picturesque landscapes, lush green hills, and pleasant weather. It is famous for its Chikki (a sweet snack made of jaggery and nuts), a local specialty.
- Best time to visit Lonavala: October to March is the best time to visit Lonavala when the weather is pleasant.
Aurangabad, also known as Chhatrapati Sambhaji Nagar, sits in a hilly area by the River Kaum. It houses a stunning Taj Mahal replica, Bibi ka Maqbara, dedicated to Mughal Emperor Aurangzeb’s wife, Rabia-ul-Daurani. Visitors can shop for famous Himroo shawls at Gul Mandi.
Aurangabad invites tourists to discover UNESCO World Heritage Sites – Ajanta & Ellora Caves, a must-see on a 3-day car trip from Mumbai. The Ajanta caves display Buddhist marvels, giving a peek into ancient Buddhist culture.
- How to reach Aurangabad? Aurangabad Airport, also known as Chhatrapati Sambhaji Maharaj Airport. It is about 8 km east of the city center.
- What is Aurangabad famous for? Aurangabad is famous for its rich history and cultural heritage. It is home to several UNESCO World Heritage Sites, including the Ajanta and Ellora Caves.
- Best time to visit Aurangabad: The monsoon season brings lush greenery to Aurangabad, and it is a good time to visit if you enjoy the rainy weather.
Kolhapur, in southwest Maharashtra, is famed for its unique offerings. It is known for the Kolhapuri chappal, jaggery, spices, and the traditional ‘saaj’ necklace. Often called the “Kashi of the South,” it boasts many temples cherished by devotees, including Shri Mahalaxmi Temple, Jyotiba Temple, and more.
History buffs should not miss the zigzag Panhala Fort, aptly named the “Fort of Snakes,” offering a glimpse into Kolhapur’s intriguing past. A visit to Shri Chhatrapati Shahu Museum is a great way to explore the city’s history, showcasing various items owned by Kolhapur rulers.
- How to reach Kolhapur? Kolhapur Airport, also known as Chhatrapati Rajaram Maharaj Airport, has regular flights. The airport is about 8 km from the city center.
- What is Kolhapur famous for? Kolhapur is renowned for its distinct cultural heritage, especially its unique form of art, Kolhapuri Chappals (footwear), and Kolhapuri jewelry.
- Best time to visit Kolhapur: The best time to visit Kolhapur is October to February when the weather is pleasant and suitable for exploring the city.
Matheran, a charming hill station in Maharashtra’s Raigad district, is a perfect weekend escape for Mumbai and Pune residents. Explore scenic spots like Charlotte Lake, Monkey Point, Panorama Point, and Porcupine Point, each offering unique and breathtaking views.
For a spiritual experience, visit Pisharnath Mahadev Temple and Ambarnath Temple. History enthusiasts can explore ancient forts like Irshalgad Fort, Vikatgad Peb Fort, and Prabal Fort, delving into the region’s rich past.
- How to reach Matheran? Matheran is approximately 83 km from Mumbai. You can reach the foothills (Dasturi Naka) by road and then proceed to Matheran either by toy train or by walking.
- What is Matheran famous for? Matheran is famous for being Asia’s only automobile-free hill station, providing peace. It is also famous for its various vantage points like Panorama Point, Louisa Point, and Charlotte Lake.
- Best time to visit Matheran: October to May is the best time to visit Matheran.
Shirdi in Maharashtra’s Ahmednagar district is a revered spiritual hub, attracting seekers of solace. It’s the sacred residence of Sai Baba, affectionately known as the ‘child of God.’ The town hosts significant religious landmarks like Shirdi Sai Baba Mandir, Dwarkamai, Gurusthan, and more.
Adding to the spiritual experience, Shirdi features the Sai Heritage Village, showcasing lifelike statues depicting Sai Baba’s life. Visitors can also delve into Sai Teerth, a devotional theme park dedicated to Baba, offering robotic, laser, acrobatic, and 5-D shows.
- How to reach Shirdi? The Sainagar Shirdi Railway Station, situated about 3 km from the main town, is well-connected to major cities like Mumbai, Delhi, Chennai, and Hyderabad.
- What is Shirdi famous for? Shirdi is famous for being the home and final resting place of Sai Baba, a revered spiritual saint and mystic of the late 19th and early 20th centuries.
- Best time to visit Shirdi: The monsoon season June to January brings a fresh and green look to Shirdi, making it one of the perfect places to visit near Mumbai for 3 days.
Alibaug is a top choice for a 3 days trip from Mumbai for family. It is just about 92 km from Mumbai and offers a perfect beach getaway for a well-spent weekend. Recently, it has gained popularity and become one of the most sought-after tourist spots in Maharashtra.
Alibaug, with its stunning beaches, historic forts, and vibrant local culture, has caught the eye of travelers seeking relaxation and exploration. The 300-year-old Kolaba Fort is a major attraction, giving a glimpse into the region’s history.
- How to reach Alibaug? Alibaug is well-connected by road. It is approximately 97 km from Mumbai.
- What is Alibaug famous for? Alibaug is famous for its diverse culinary scene, particularly seafood, and its vibrant local markets showcasing handicrafts and traditional artifacts.
- Best time to visit Alibaug: August to October brings lush greenery and is a good time to visit if you enjoy the rainy weather.
Pawna Lake, a magnet for adventure seekers from Mumbai, stands out among destinations. Situated 106 km from the city, it offers an ideal camping spot with the stunning backdrop of Lohagad and Tikona Forts. The artificial lake here allows for exciting activities like kayaking, paragliding, and windsurfing.
Perfect for a 3-day break from Mumbai, Pawna Lake balances peace and adventure. Whether you seek relaxation in nature or crave thrilling water sports, Pawna Lake has something for everyone.
- How to reach Pawna Lake? The nearest airport is Pune International Airport, about 64 km from Pawna Lake. From the airport, you can hire a taxi to reach the lake.
- What is Pawna Lake famous for? It is known for camping and outdoor activities. Many adventure enthusiasts visit Pawna Lake for activities like camping, paragliding, boating, and trekking.
- Best time to visit Pawna Lake: October to March is the best time to visit Pawna Lake when the weather is pleasant, and the surroundings are lush and green.
For thrill-seekers, Kolad is the spot for white water rafting. Situated around 122 km from Mumbai, it guarantees an adrenaline-pumping adventure. A prime choice for a 3-day trip from Mumbai, Kolad offers not just rafting but a chance to immerse in nature’s beauty.
The roaring Kundalika River sets the stage for this unforgettable experience. Whether you are an adventure junkie or a nature lover, Kolad is a must-visit spot near Mumbai.
- How to reach Kolad? Kolad is around 122 km from Mumbai. It is well-connected by road, and you can drive or hire a taxi to reach Kolad.
- What is Kolad famous for? The region is famous for its scenic landscapes and the Sahyadri mountain ranges, attracting nature lovers and trekkers.
- Best time to visit Kolad: June to October is the best time to visit Kolad for adventure enthusiasts.
Mahabaleshwar, ideal for a quick weekend getaway, offers plenty of activities and sightseeing. A must-visit is Mapro Farms, renowned for its strawberry jam and fruit jelly sweets. Take a tour of the farm to see the jam processing and explore the beautiful farm.
Don’t miss the Elephant’s Head Point and the Pratapgad Fort. Enjoy boating and mini-train rides for kids at Venna Lake.
- How to reach Mahabaleshwar? The nearest major airport is Pune Airport, approximately 120 km away. From the airport, one can hire a taxi to reach Mahabaleshwar.
- What is Mahabaleshwar famous for? It is famous for its picturesque surroundings and bating at Venna Lake which is a popular spot for both tourists and locals.
- Best time to visit Mahabaleshwar: October to February is an ideal duration to visit Mahabaleshwar
Palghar, near Mumbai, offers a rich array of attractions for a two to three-day visit. Explore the famous Shirgaon Fort, a must-visit historic site that can take half a day to fully appreciate.
Additionally, don’t miss the charming temples and the relaxing Kelva, Chinchani, or Satpati beaches for beach enthusiasts. For a cultural experience, venture into the Manor village
- How to reach Palghar? Palghar is accessible by road and is well-connected to nearby cities. Regular buses, taxis, and private vehicles are available for transportation.
- What is Palghar famous for? Kelva Fort, dating back to the 16th century and initially built by the Portuguese makes it a famous place.
- Best time to visit Palghar: November to February is the best time to visit Palghar.
Don’t Miss Out! Join Us
In conclusion, exploring these destinations near Mumbai promises an exciting journey. Whether it is the hills of Lonavala, the spiritual aura of Shirdi, or the adrenaline rush of Kolad’s rapids, each place offers a unique experience. Plan your trip wisely!
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
You can reach Matheran from Mumbai by taking a train to Neral and then a scenic toy train or a taxi to the hill station.
Shirdi is most famous as the divine abode of Sai Baba, revered by millions for his teachings of love, peace, and unity.
At Pawna Lake, you can indulge in camping, paragliding, boating, and trekking, amidst the captivating natural beauty.
The best time to visit Alibaug for pleasant weather is from November to July when the temperature is moderate and the sea is inviting.
In Kolad, you can experience white water rafting, trekking, zip-lining, and rappelling, offering an adrenaline-fueled adventure.