There are lots of waterfalls near Igatpuri, which is intensely beautiful and is surrounded by lush greenery. It is a hill station situated cozily in Nasik, Maharashtra. Perhaps, you were not aware of Igatpuri! Visiting these places will surely drive boredom away. These waterfalls originate from the Sahyadri Mountain Ranges, the Brahmagiri, and Trimbakeshwar hills.
The best time to visit these beautiful waterfalls would be during the monsoon season. They are not only a sight to behold, but people also love going waterfall trekking too! Every item in this short list of waterfalls near Igatpuri is a must-visit at least once in a lifetime.
Here is a list of some of the mesmerizing waterfalls near Igatpuri
The Bhavli Waterfall
Firstly, we have on the list the Bhavli Waterfall. This awesome waterfall is located in Nasik, Maharashtra. An incredibly beautiful waterfall, the Bhavli Dam is situated only 10-15 mins away from Igatpuri. It happens to be close to the Bhavli Village. The Bhavli Dam lies on the Darana river, a tributary of the Godavari River.
The Bhavli Dam is about 5090 ft long and has a height of around 111.5 ft. Many just love to visit this place. The Bhavli Dam is considered to be a great scenic beauty and a popular tourist location as well. People like to have picnics here. You might not be aware but the Bhavli Dam water is used by the residents of nearby areas for irrigation.
- Distance from Igatpuri: The Bhavli Dam is 10-15 mins away from Igatpuri, it is 50 km from Nasik and 11 km from Igatpuri.
- How to go there: The best way to visit would be by your vehicle, or by bus or train, to the Sapgon Phata Bus Stop or from the Igatpuri Railway station.
- Nearby places to visit: A little far off from Nasik you will find a few Vineyards. Also, you will find a temple called ‘Trimbakeshwar Jyotirling Mandir’. The beautiful scenery on the Trimbak Gothi Road is one filled with beautiful villages.
Very close to Igatpuri is the Dugarwadi Waterfall. It lies on the Trimbakeshwar and Jawhar roads. Like the Bhavli waterfall, it is also a tributary of the Godavari River.
The water is said to appear milk-like and drops from an altitude of about 450 ft from the Sahyadri Ranges. The monsoon time is said to be the best time of the year to visit this awesome waterfall, just so you can witness the milky waterfall.
- Distance from Igatpuri: Just 30 km from Nasik, Trimbak is 2 km away.
- How to go there: Going by bus is the easiest way, take the route that leads to the Dugarwadi Falls through the beautiful Forests. The Sapgon-Phata Bus Stop is the nearest bus stand to the falls.
- Nearby places to visit: be sure to include the Harihar Fort and the Brahmagiri mountain in your travels.
Jenjon lake Vaitarna waterfall
Jenjon lake, which is part of the Vaitarna Dam is a source of water supply for Mumbai. Also, in the Igatpuri area, there is the Ashoka waterfall a few km from Kasara. It lies right on the Kasara-Vihigaon-Jawhar road. It is close to the Manas resort.
- Distance from Igatpuri: The highway is 24 km and Ghoti too
- How to go there: The Best way to visit this waterfall site is by bus or by train. The Igatpuri bus station is 29 km away.
- Nearby places to visit: Including the Tringalwadi fort and the Shirdi Saibaba Temple.
The Ashoka waterfall also called Vihigaon Waterfall is located in Kasara, in the Vihigaon village. It is supposed to be one of the renowned waterfalls in the Nasik area and is close to Mumbai as well. It is about 13.5 km from Igatpuri and approximately 59 km from Nasik.
The source of the water is supposedly the Vaitarna river, and water from the rains. Since the Vaitarna Dam overflows during this time, the waterfall is also a splendid sight to see. This particular waterfall site came into the limelight during the shooting of the Hindi film “Asoka” during the late 90s.
- Distance from Igatpuri: 13.5 km from Igatpuri and Nasik is 59 km away, it is just a few km from Kasara.
This is yet another resplendent waterfall with milky waters that somehow resemble the legendary Dudhsagar Waterfalls in the state of Goa. A “one of a kind” waterfall with its beautiful cascading steps that truly make it a sight to behold. Is there anything more wonderful than a picture=perfect scene that’s just made for a cozy picnic right next to the waterfall? The height of this beautiful waterfall is 10 meters and is very close to Gangapur.
- Distance from Igatpuri: 11 km from Nasik and 2 km from Someshwar Temple
- How to go there: The Best way to visit it is by train and the nearest railway station is the Nashik Road Railway station. Being in the Igatpuri region itself, the Igatpuri bus station is just 29 km away. And the CBS Nasik bus stand is 9 km away. The total road distance between Nasik and this beautiful waterfall is about 660.2 km
- Nearby places to visit: The best places to visit near this waterfall site include the Sula Vineyards and the Someshwar Temple.
Many visitors enjoy Igatpuri Waterfall trekking. This is because of the numerous waterfalls in the area. As if one were not enough, people seem to like the idea of walking or trekking as it is called in the cascading steps and terrain in and around a flooding waterfall.
While This is indeed a great way to spend time with friends and family if that weren’t enough some people also like to go rock climbing, kayaking, swimming or, boating among the many Igatpuri waterfall sites. Rappelling is also pretty common among people who like to frequent the area. It is no doubt that the flooding waters during the rainy months, make the Igatpuri area a bit of a tourist haven.
And with this our short list comes to an end. We highly recommend visiting these waterfalls if you are planning to travel in and around the Igatpuri hill station. Hopefully, this tiny list of beautiful and nothing-short-of-spectacular waterfalls is enough encouragement for you to want to pack your belongings and go visit them!
These waterfalls near Igatpuri are awesome and you will probably remember these natural wonders for the rest of your life. Make sure to like and share this article. Also, make sure to share your experience with us down in the comment section.
Every item in this short list of waterfalls near Igatpuri is a must-visit at least once in a lifetime. The truth of the matter is, these waterfalls are so beautiful, but they are not perennial, so you must hurry as their peak season is only for a short duration during the year!
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
The best time of the year to visit these hydro-attractions would be during the monsoon months, i.e., June through September. During this time of the year, the waterfall is at its peak season and you will be able to document the beauty of these natural attractions.
Some of the extra things to carry along include a water-resistant camera and binoculars and an extra pair of clothes since yours are bound to get wet. One must also carry hiking and trekking shoes.
The sources of water for these waterfalls are the water from the river Godavari. along with the natural springs and of course, rainwater. Which happen to be the other sources of water for these natural sensations.
Yes, visitors are allowed to swim in these waterfall cascades and under the waterfall as well. Except for the Dugarwadi Waterfalls which might get flooded during the rainy months, and so it is a good idea not to bathe in the waterfall cascade or under it during this time due to flooding.
Yes, the dry season is from February to the second week of June, during the Summer. Most of the waterfalls near Nasik are dry during this time of the year