Planning a trip and looking for a nice luxury getaway near Mumbai? The commercial capital of India, Mumbai which was once known as Bombay, has lots of nice places where you can rest and recharge.
Look no further, we have curated a short but sweet list to help you plan your trip. Here are 6 Top Luxury Weekend Getaways From Mumbai.
Here Are 13 Luxury Weekend Getaways From Mumbai
First, on the list of Luxury Getaways near Mumbai, we have the Rhythm Lonavala resort in Gavliwada. This 5 star resort is inspired by the culture of Bali. A great mix of hospitality and nature this resort is perfect for the whole family.
The resort serves mostly Mediterranean dishes. It also has several activities to keep both kids and adults occupied making it one of the best luxury weekend getaways from Mumbai.
- How To Reach Rhythm Lonavala Resort?: Mumbai Airport is just 68 km away from the resort. Maharashtra State Transport Bus Stand is the closest bus depot, just 800 meters. from the resort.
- Places Nearby Rhythm Lonavala Resort: Rajmachi Fort, Bahiri Cave, and Lonavala Square Mall
- What Are The Amenities At Rhythm Lonavala Resort?: The amenities at this wonderful resort include free Wi-Fi, free parking, a game room, badminton, outdoor and indoor games, a gym room, an outdoor pool, conference facilities, a massage parlor, a sauna, airport transportation, etc.
- Starting Price: ₹ 12,801/person/night
- Official Site: You can visit Rhythm Lonavala to learn more.
Radisson Resort and Spa
Next on the list of Luxury Getaways from Mumbai, is the Radisson Resort and Spa, Lonavala. Considered one of the best resorts in Lonavala, Hospitality India awarded it the title of Best Debut Hotel in the year 2021. The architecture of this luxury resort has historical influences.
This resort is one of the best 5 star resorts near Mumbai. Its amenities are of international standard and its rooms are fully furnished. Make sure you visit the nearby Kinara Village Dhaba, for an unforgettable experience!
- How To Reach Radisson Resort And Spa?: If taking a flight, you can do so from the nearest airport to you to Pune International Airport, which is 75 km away from the Resort. If taking a train you can travel from the nearest railway station to Lonavala Railway Station which is just 6 km away from the resort. Remember also that since Maharashtra State Transport Bus Stand is just 2.9 km away from the resort, that is also a convenient option if you are traveling by bus.
- Places Nearby Radisson Resort And Spa: Lion’s Point and Diwali Baug
- What Are The Amenities At Radisson Resort And Spa?: Some of the amenities of this fancy resort are a Swimming Pool, free parking, free wifi, gym, bar and lounge, evening entertainment, meeting rooms, and outdoor venues for conferences, etc.
- Starting Price: ₹ 15,929/person/night
- Official Site: You can visit Radisson Resort and Spa to learn more.
The Leelas Resort
To you and your friends, the Leela’s Resort, a stunning Luxury Resort in Karjat. Situated in the middle of Ambot, in the Karjat neighbourhood. The Leela’s Resort is a safe haven of peace and quiet, a luxurious place to stay that is efficiently supported by their commitment to personalised service.
It is the ideal location for couples, families, and nature lovers who wish to experience the authentic life of the countryside. Overview of the Resort: The Leela’s Resort, which spans 10 acres and was built in 2016, is a convergence of heritage and modern architecture.
The Resort’s buildings and environs are reminiscent of a typical town, with paved lanes, stone fountains, traditional mosaics, and gardens filled with local flora and trees.
- How To Reach The Leelas Resort?: It is 62 km from Mumbai in Karjat. You can take a train to Karjat to visit this place as it is a few kilometers from station.
- Places Nearby The Leelas Resort: Kondana Caves, Kothaligad (Peth) Fort, Jain Temple, Ulhas Valley, Kondeshwar Temple, Bhor Ghat, Bahiri Cave, ND Studio, Blackwaters of Pali Bhutivali Dam and Bhivpuri Waterfall.
- What Are The Amenities At The Leelas Resort?: TV, WiFi, Pool, Lavish Ambience, Air conditioned and Deluxe 8 Cottage Rooms, 2 Outdoor Swimming pools for Adults and Children keeping in mind for Safety of Children , A Large Playground for Cricket, Badminton and Other Outdoor Games, Fishery Pond with seating arrangement for a distinct view, Mango Garden covering 1.5 acres of Land, Patio Area, Vegetable Farming , Free Private Parking 8 Cottages and 6 Premium suits combine luxurious comfort and spectacular pond and mountain views.
- Starting Price: ₹ 5,000/person/night
- Official Site: You can visit The Leelas Resort to learn more.
The Dukes Retreat Resort
The Dukes Retreat is a luxurious resort in Khandala. It is spread over 6000 square feet on the edge of a 500-foot cliff and is the most beautiful setting for a peaceful stay. Views of the Khandala Ghat, particularly the Kune Point Waterfall and Tableland, are breathtaking.
The stay is ideal for exploring and enjoying the destination’s woodlands and hills making it one of the best luxury resorts near Mumbai for couples.
The name of this relaxing hideaway comes from the famous ‘Duke’s Nose’ point in Khandala, which is a popular tourist destination. Here are 80 rooms and cottages with picture windows for convenient observation of the spectacular scenery surrounding it.
From the luxury of your hotel, you may gaze out at the stunning Western Ghats. All of the apartments are extremely spacious and decorated in a fresh, modern style. The bathrooms contain shower stalls, and the resort is one of the best 5 star hotels near Mumbai.
- How To Reach The Dukes Retreat Resort?: It is 62 km from Mumbai in Karjat. You can take a train to Karjat to visit this place as it is a few kilometers from station.
- Places Nearby The Dukes Retreat Resort: Kondana Caves, Kothaligad (Peth) Fort, Jain Temple, Ulhas Valley, Kondeshwar Temple, Bhor Ghat, Bahiri Cave, ND Studio, Blackwaters of Pali Bhutivali Dam and Bhivpuri Waterfall.
- What Are The Amenities At The Dukes Retreat Resort?: Food and drinks to room, Wellness center like gyms, spa, steamroom, swimming, game room, tennis court, WiFi, TV, various size rooms, parking, etc.
- Starting Price: ₹ 7,000/person/night
- Official Site: You can visit The Dukes Retreat Resort to learn more.
Novotel Imagicaa Khopoli
Step into a magical world of joy and laughter at Novotel Imagica Khopoli, a one-of-a-kind resort with Premium amenities situated next to Imagica Theme Park, India’s most exciting amusement park.
It’s a place where the imagination runs wild and having joy comes first. When you arrive for a family vacation, a work event, a romantic getaway, or a wedding, you are swept into a whirlwind of excitement and activities. There are two types of accommodations in a hotel: standard rooms and suites.
- How To Reach Novotel Imagicaa Khopoli?: It is around 10.4 km from Khopoli city and 70km from Mumbai so you can take a bus to this destination.
- Places Nearby Novotel Imagicaa Khopoli: Imagica Water Park, Gagangiri Ashram, Zenith Waterfall, Shri Vireshwar Mahadev
- What Are The Amenities At Novotel Imagicaa Khopoli?:Modern 28 m2 / 301 sq.ft. rooms with views of the Sahyadri Mountains and complimentary WiFi (up to 512 kbps), all modern facilities, and access to a 24-hour fitness centre and swimming pool. For two adults and one youngster. Modern accommodations with views of the lovely Sahyadri Mountains. This 34 m2 / 366 sq.ft. room includes free 1 MB WIFI, all modern facilities, a bathtub, and expanded bathroom amenities for your comfort. 2 people and 1 child can stay in comfort.
- Starting Price: ₹ 9,850/person/night
- Official Site: You can visit Novotel Imagicaa Khopoli to learn more.
The Forest Club Resort
The Forest Club Resort has India’s Biggest Meandering Pool, which is accessible directly from our exquisite executive rooms.
About 1.5 hours from Mumbai and Pune, situated on top of a hill with calm views of the green Karjat, it is convenient to travel and easy to reach by all forms of transportation. It’s easy to fall in love with nature’s supremacy when everything around you is in sync with it. You would have a one-of-a-kind experience from the moment you walked in.
The charming vibes, beautiful & unique trees, the huge meandering pool along with our other infinity pool & amenities with the resort’s modern look will transport you to a different aura paired with the perfect hospitality to offer you a pleasant stay experience at one of the best resorts in the area.
Our other magnificent infinity pool, with a gorgeous view of Karjat’s flora, is also magnificent. Plunge into the pool while taking in the best views of nature’s beautiful green paradise at one of the unique resorts around you.
- How To Reach The Forest Club Resort?: It is 79 km from Mumbai in Khandala. You can take a train to Khandala to visit this place as it is a few kilometers from station.
- Places Nearby The Forest Club Resort: Tiger’s Leap, Duke Nose, Kune Waterfalls, Reversing station, Shooting Point, Lion’s Point, Shrivardhan Fort, Bushi Dam, Lonavala Lake, Celebrity wax Museum, Shingroba Temple
- What Are The Amenities At The Forest Club Resort?: Laundry and Dry Cleaning Service,Room Service, Airport Transfer, Wake up service, Wi-Fi, Dining, Security [24-hour], MiniBar, Gym and other recreationalactivities like hiking and trekking.
- Starting Price: ₹ 10,000/person/night
- Official Site: You can visit The Forest Club Resort to learn more.
Della Resorts is a designer resort spread over 43 acres spread over 43 acres. Della Adventure is housed within this property and offers adventure activities such as the swoop swing.
The facility operates on a 24-hour basis, with an all-day fine dining restaurant, a swimming pool open all day, a spa where customers can enjoy at any time of day or night, an all-day fitness centre, and a salon.
Visitors can dine at one of five restaurants, three lounge bars, and a nightclub. Café 24 is a 24-hour coffee shop and multi-cuisine restaurant with a full bar. PNF Restaurant & Bar specialises on Indian, Malwani, and Oriental food. Crème Della is a vegetarian restaurant that specialises on vegetarian and Jain cuisine.
- How To Reach Della Resorts?: It is 80 km from Mumbai .The Lonavala Railway Station and Bus Station are within 8 km of Della Resorts. The Pune Airport is around 70 km away. Train is the best way to reach this place.
- Places Nearby Della Resorts: Tiger’s Leap, Bhushi Dam, Lonavala Lake, Imagica Adlabs, Celebrity Wax Museum, Rajmachi Fort, Aamby Valley, Amrutanjan Point, Karla Caves, Bhimashankar Trail, Bhaja Caves, Visapur Fort, Ryewood Park, Tikona Fort
- What Are The Amenities At Della Resorts?:Offering views, the air-conditioned rooms of Della Resorts are fitted with wooden flooring, mini-bar and flat-screen satellite TV. Tea/coffee making facilities are available, WiFi, pool, restaurant, etc
- Starting Price: ₹ 13,000/person/night
- Official Site: You can visit Della Resorts to learn more.
The Lagoona Resort
Yet another opulent entry on our list of luxury getaways near Mumbai is the Lagoona Resort. Made from an artificial lagoon, this beautiful resort is a favorite among couples. It also has several beautiful mountains and lakes around. The Lagoona Resort is one of the best luxury resorts near Mumbai with private pool.
Apart from the glorious amenities, what makes this resort a favorite among couples is the statuesque rooms, huge windows, and of course the luxurious décor. All of these combined with the beautiful surrounding natural scenes are what make this resort highly favored among couples just looking to enjoy some quiet time alone.
- How To Reach The Lagoona Resort?: It is 83km from Mumbai. Lonavala Railway Station is located 2.9 km away, while Pune International Airport is approximately 65 km away.
- Places Nearby The Machan Resort: Lonavala Lake, Celebrity Wax Museum
- What Are The Amenities At The Machan Resort?: Some of the many amenities available at the Lagoona Resort include Free Wi-Fi, Free Parking, an outdoor pool, Games Room, Restaurant, Airport Shuttle, etc.
- Starting Price: ₹ 6,550/per person/per night
- Official Site: You can visit The Lagoon Resort to learn more.
Next on the list of beautiful luxury getaways near Mumbai, we have the Fariyas Resort, Lonavala. Overlooking the Frichley Hills in Tungarli, the resort is known for its gorgeous ambiance. Each room is beautifully decorated, and offers breathtaking views from its balcony.
While each room is fully furnished and has a touch of luxury, if you go outside, you will find a coffee shop. In proximity to it is an indoor pool, called the Lagoon. Apart from that the resort has many other exciting amenities such as The Fusion, which happens to be a classy restaurant.
The above is just a preview of what to expect at this wonderful resort. Apart from that there are many things to do at Fariya’s Resort Lonavala.
- How To Reach Fariyas Resort?: It is 85 km from Mumbai. Pune International Airport is 59 km away, and if taking a train you can get down at Khandala which is only 1.8 km away from the resort, and then take a rickshaw or taxi to the resort.
- Places Nearby Fariyas Resort: Ryewood Park, Diwali Baug
- What Are The Amenities at Fariyas Resort?: Archery, Badminton, Billiards, Karaoke, Bowling, Water Park, Kids Club, Free Wifi, Free Parking, BBQ facilities, Restaurant, Bar, etc.
- Starting Price: 8000/person/night
- Official Site: You can visit Fariyas Resort to learn more.
The first suggestion on the list of best luxury getaways near Mumbai is the Machan in Atvan, Jambulne, Lonavala. It is one of the best nature resorts, just 84 km from Mumbai, which has cabins as well as tree houses. Each room has a balcony that has a breathtaking view of Jambulne, a biodiversity hotspot, and the nature scenes all around.
This resort is also known for being an Eco-resort with a difference that runs only on sustainable resources such as solar power and wind energy. The rooms are symbiotically integrated with the forest all around. If you are looking for a quiet escape from the hustle and bustle of routine life, this is the resort for you! It is one of the best luxury resorts near Mumbai with private pool.
- How To Reach The Machan Resort?: It is 99 km from Mumbai. If taking a plane, you can fly from your city to the Mumbai Airport as it is just 105 km from the resort. Then you can take a train from Vile Parle to Dadar, then from Dadar to Kajrat, and then from Khajrat to Khopoli. From Khopoli you can take a taxi to the resort.
- Places Nearby The Machan Resort: Lonavala, Pawna Lake
- What Are The Amenities At The Machan Resort?: Some of the amenities at The Machan Resort include beautiful views of the valleys and mountains. Apart from that it also has banquet and conference halls, meeting rooms, yoga centers, luxurious spas, free parking, BBQ facilities, and housekeeping service. One can also go trekking, birdwatching, star gazing, etc. amidst the gorgeous surroundings.
- Starting Price: ₹ 8,000/person/night
- Official Site: You can visit The Machan to learn more.
Hilton Shillim Estate Retreat & Spa
Hilton Shillim Estate Retreat and Spa is located in the Sahyadri mountain range on the 320-acre Shillim Estate and contains luxurious villas, four relaxation terraces, and a yoga pavilion. The vast spa offers over 150 treatments, as well as 7 food and beverage options.
During their stay, guests can swim in the outdoor pool and enjoy a choice of body treatments. There is also a workout room at Hilton Shillim Estate Retreat. In addition, the hotel provides pottery and cooking workshops, as well as mountain biking and other day activities.
Terrazzo serves Indian and international cuisines, while Mountain Bar & Bistro serves pasta and freshly stone-baked pizza. The Green Table is a spa restaurant that specialises in Mediterranean and Indian fare. The Valley Bar serves beverages, and The Reserve has an exceptional wine vault. Tea House serves natural tea, and interaction with the Chef is allowed only by previous reservation at the Chef’s Table.
- How To Reach Hilton Shillim Estate Retreat & Spa?: It is 108 km from Mumbai in Lonavala. Shillim is 45 minutes away from Lonavla, while Pune is 1.5 hours away. The resort is about a 3-hour drive from Mumbai’s Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport.
- Places Nearby Hilton Shillim Estate Retreat & Spa: Tiger’s Leap, Bhushi Dam, Lonavala Lake, Imagica Adlabs, Celebrity Wax Museum, Rajmachi Fort, Aamby Valley, Amrutanjan Point, Karla Caves, Bhimashankar Trail, Bhaja Caves, Visapur Fort, Ryewood Park, Tikona Fort
- What Are The Amenities At Hilton Shillim Estate Retreat & Spa?: Each air-conditioned villa offers an own spa treatment space and wide patio areas. They include a day bed. The private bathroom features excellent bath amenities as well as a separate bathtub and shower. There includes a 42-inch high-definition TV, an espresso machine, and an in-room safe, pool, etc.
- Starting Price: ₹ 27,000/person/night
- Official Site: You can visit Hilton Shillim Estate Retreat & Spa to learn more.
The Gold Beach Resort
Daman’s Gold Beach Resort is a very popular destination among Mumbaikars. It has an outdoor pool, a workout facility, and two dining options. The spacious rooms include floor-to-ceiling windows on both sides. At an extra expense, guests can treat themselves in the coastal spa.
The Golden Beach Resort is located 3.7 miles from the Portuguese Fort and Daman Market, and 5 miles from Jampore Beach. The Vapi Train Station is 6.2 miles away, while Daman Airport is an hour away.
Contemporary rooms with panoramic views are air-conditioned and have wooden flooring. They have a flat-screen TV with cable channels, a closet, and a seating area. A mini-bar and tea/coffee making amenities are provided.
- How To Reach The Gold Beach Resort?: It is 173 km from Mumbai in Marwad and can be easily reached through train and bus.
- Places Nearby The Gold Beach Resort: Jampore Beach, Lighthouse, Devka Beach, Moti Daman Fort, Somnath Mahadev Temple, Church Of Our Lady Of Sea, Mirasol Lake Garden
- What Are The Amenities At The Gold Beach Resort?: They have a flat-screen TV with cable channels, a closet, and a seating area. A mini-bar and tea/coffee making amenities are provided. Visitors can dine at Spice Galleon or 19 Sixty One, both of which serve Indian, Chinese, and Continental fare. It is possible to dine in your accommodation. The 24-hour reception staff at The Golden Beach can assist with luggage storage, washing, and ironing services. There are additional meeting/banquet facilities available.
- Starting Price: ₹ 8,200/person/night
Le Meridien Resort And Spa
Le Meridien is a 5-star luxury resort that is set amidst 27 acres of forest cover. Located in the Western Ghats, Mahabaleshwar, this tranquil and serene hotel is a worthy escape from the busyness of daily life. A classy resort that is set apart, it is one of the only international hotels in the area.
If you want to relax remember that each room has a beautiful view, of the surroundings. It also has 2 large swimming pools. One of them is an infinity pool that overlooks the beautiful valley.
You can treat yourself to a session of pampering at the Hotels Spa. The options are endless since this resort is labeled a 5-star venue after all!
- How To Reach Le Meridien Resort And Spa?: It is 264 km from Mumbai . The resort is 600 m from Mahabaleshwar ST station so you can take a bu or train to it.
- Places Nearby Le Meridien Resort And Spa: Mapro Garden, and Wilson Point
- What Are The Amenities of Le Meridien Resort And Spa?: Free Parking, Free Wifi, Restaurant, Salon, Spa, Gym, Treks, and Tours, Club, Outdoor Sports, Indoor Games, Balcony, Terrace, Library, Conference Room, Business Center, etc.
- Starting Price: 16,000/person/night
This concludes our article on 6 Top Luxury Weekend Getaways From Mumbai. We hope you enjoyed this small but rather informative list, which includes some of the best luxury getaways near Mumbai. If you have anything to add from your experiences with resorts in the area let us know in the comments! Also, feel free to share the article with your friends!
You may also like Best Resorts For Corporate Outings Near Pune.
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
Mumbai was previously called Bombay.
The main languages spoken in Mumbai include Hindi, English, and Marathi. Where can I relax in Mumbai? Consider our list of suggestions for cozy places which can be considered luxury getaways near Mumbai. These resorts though a little expensive, will enable you to have a lovely vacation from which you will return refreshed and relaxed.
The best time to visit Mumbai is during the winter months, from October to February.
Whether you are traveling alone, going on a trip with friends, or holidaying with your family, you will enjoy staying at a resort. This is because a resort is usually packed with entertaining activities such as zip lining, Burma bridge, zorbing, archery, bumper boats, etc.
It also has multiple places to hang out such as the opportunity to hang out by the pool, at the bar, enjoy a spa session or at a coffee shop, etc. If that’s not enough, you will never tire of the different varieties of food and snacks. These are some of the best reasons to stay at a resort!
In Mumbai, one of the posh areas in Malabar hill. A lot of wealthy people are said to live there.
Following are some Luxury Weekend Getaways From Mumbai:
1. Rhythm Lonavala
2. Radisson Resort and Spa
3. The Lagoona Resort
4. The Machan
5. Le Meridien Resort And Spa
6. Fariyas Resort