Interested in Bhandardara Camping? We have a great package for you.
Bhandardara is a village near Igatpuri, in the western ghats of India. Bhandardara camping location is a beautiful, yet less known hill station, between Mumbai, Pune & Nashik, in the Sahyadri hill range. It is growing as a hotspot of tourism, due to its natural beauty and the attractions nearby like the Umbrella Waterfalls, Wilson dam, Arthur Lake. Other activities nearby include the Kalsubai Trek.
This is one of the most amazing and popular camping spots for nature lovers. Spend a magical evening in a tent beside a lake, listening to chirping birds, a pleasant breeze, and a lake in front of you. Experience nature camping at Bhandardara like never before.
- 04:00 PM: Reach the Arthur Dam on your own
- 04:15 PM: Boat ride to Bhandardara camping site
- 04:30 PM: Check in to the allotted tent. You can explore nearby areas.
- 05:30 PM: Enjoy your evening snacks. Watch the sunset from your lakeside tents
- 07:00 PM: Warm Campfire & BBQ followed by dinner
- 10:30 PM: You can experience fireflies as well (Depending on the availability of fireflies. The season for fireflies is 20 May – 30 June). This may be done post-dinner or early morning.
- 06:00 AM: Wake up early to see a mesmerizing sight of the lake & the beautiful sunrise
- 07:00 AM: Freshen up & take a stroll around the garden
- 08:00 AM: Have your breakfast and spend some time at the camp
- 09:00 AM: You can enjoy playing Cricket/ Football/ Badminton with your group in the open areas
- 11:00 AM: Click pictures before you take the boat ride back to the Arthur Dam
- 11:30 AM: Check-Out from the campsite
What does the Bhandardara camping package include?
- Private Camping area for groups
- Lakeside Camps
- Cozy bedding with sleeping bags & Camping chairs
- Boat ride
- High Tea
- Barbecue (DIY)
- Dinner – Veg/Non-Veg Unlimited (Homemade style meals)
- Hygienic Washrooms
- Free parking
- 2 Water bottles (1ltr)
- Camping & Entry charges
- Travelothon Adventure Expertise
- Safety & First Aid
Additional services available:
- Soft Drinks & Snacks
- Local travel arrangements
Important things to carry?
- Some snacks/biscuits/wafers etc
- Compulsory Torch with an extra battery
- Camera & Bluetooth speakers optional
- Headgears to protect from cold
- Comfortable Footwear
- Extra pair of clothes & towel
Check-In: 4:30 PM & Check-Out: 11 AM (Next Day)
How much does it cost?
- Only ₹1499/- per person for 2Days & 1Night
What does the package exclude?
- Any transportation to/from camp
- Personal expenses
- Insurance of any kind
- Medical Expenses
- Parking at own risk
What is the best time to visit Bhandardara?
The ideal time for lakeside camping at Bhandardara is:
- Monsoons (June – September)
- Winters (October – February)
How to reach Bhandardara Camping Site?
From Mumbai: (164Kms)
- By Road: Take Mumbai Nashik Highway. Turn right at Ghoti. Drive on Ghoti Shirdi road up to Sai Mahima Hotel. Turn right on to Bhandardhara-Ghoti road. Reach Warangushi Naka and ask for Shendi Village.
- By Train: Train is also available from Mumbai, you can travel by local and get down at Kasara. From Kasara station you can reach Bhandardara by taxi or state transport bus which will charge you approx Rs. 500 and Rs. 25, respectively.
From Pune: (172Kms)
- By Road: You have to take Pune-Nashik Street (NH# 50) up to Ghargaon. From Ghargaon, take a left on SH# 21 and keep driving up to Bhandardara. You can use the google maps GPS route to reach our campsite location.
- By Train: Train is also available from Pune, you can travel by Pune Manmad Express and get down at Igatpuri. From Igatpuri you can reach Bhandardara by taxi or state transport bus which will charge you approx Rs. 500 and Rs. 25, respectively.
Does it sound awesome? It is.
- You can either drive directly to the campsite or hire a cab from Kasara to Campsite to Kasara at ~₹3200. The cab accommodates 8-10 people.
- You can also take a bus from Kasara station to Bhandardara Gaon.
- For people coming from Nashik, you can take a bus from Ghoti to Bhandardara Gaon.
You can travel by road or by train. We will provide google maps GPS route to our campsite location.
To experience splendid greenery, you can visit the camping site at Bhandardara during the Monsoons. Winters are also a great time to experience the nature.
Bhandardara is ~165 km from Mumbai. You can take a direct train from Mumbai to Igatpuri station.
Nashik to Bhandardara distance is ~72 Kilometers. Bhandardara does not have its railway station, so you have to reach Igatpuri,
Bhandardara Camping check-in and check-out timings are:
Check-in at 4 pm
Check-out at 11 am
There is no pick-up or drop facility available.
Yes, this spot is highly recommended for camping and picnic for nature-loving couples.
Yes, clean and hygienic common washroom facilities are available at the campsite. These are within walking distance of your camps.
Place is indeed nice. For couples specially. No pollution noise. but water level was very low. Boating was not there.
My experience with this popular hill station bhandardhara has been very good and its very beautiful. Good time pass with friends. I heard its better in the rainy season.
Bhandardara is nature blessed by god is so beautiful.
The journey is so beautiful with one stretch of the road having fog and entering your car. Its very cool outside due to rain and makes it perfect time for travel. The bhandardhara dam is an amazing sight to see.
Bhandardara is an excellent place to visit during the rainy season. This place displays its beauty during the rainy season. The only thing is ground becomes wet and camps are shifted to a covered location